We are seeking a VMI Specialist to join our Kaman Fluid Power team in the Philadelphia area - Coatesville, PA. This position will not cover the Pittsburgh area.
This exciting opportunity offers the ability to act as the liaison between the customer and the sales team, make sound business decisions, and provide world-class customer service. This position requires travel in company provided vehicle between customer facilities.
Kaman Fluid Power, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of motion control products and highly engineered systems and components for precision hydraulic and pneumatic applications. We are committed to providing our customers with the right solutions, focusing on their needs, and exceeding their expectations. Our people are the foundation of our success. The key to sustaining our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Replenish and maintain inventory at assigned customer locations.
- Provide a full range of functions from researching, quoting, buying, and expediting industrial products in order to ensure on-time delivery.
- Handle customers’ on-site inquiries and recommend better applications, interchanges, and product improvements.
- Provides excellent customer service and sales solutions to customers.
- Communicates with all customer personnel in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Reviews customer usage reports on a monthly basis.
- Identifies product that needs to be ordered during scheduled customer visits.
- Recommends to the customer changes to the inventory levels based on usage.
- Adds items to the VMI program as requested by the customer.
- Coordinate with sales team to insure changes are implemented.
- Maintains customers designated product area to display a neat and orderly stocking area.
- Stocks the product in the customer’s designated area.
- Updates labels and barcodes as needed.
- Manage inventory turns and maintain appropriate return on the inventory investment.
- Track and reduce dead and obsolete inventory communicating to both sales and customer senior management.
- Analyze data for special reporting as required by management.
- Helps maintain an accurate inventory & coordinates with inventory manager.
- Manages physical inventory at consignment locations.
- Become proficient with all VMI processes as they integrate with the ERP system.
- Work to suggest process improvements to the VMI program.
- Pickup and delivery of customer orders - Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Drives vehicles (e.g. truck, van, forklift, etc.) for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated sites.
- Maintains delivery vehicle (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
- Support 24hr service and delivery as needed.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years inside sales experience in Industrial Distribution or Integrated Supply.
- Mechanical/Technical knowledge required.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Examiners Card.
- Must be able to drive/operate a delivery vehicle with a GVW up to 26,000 lbs.
- Clean MVR (driving record).
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. we recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent.
Process Improvements (Business)