We are seeking an Assignment Desk Booker forAnchor a Washington D.C.-based national newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position requires strong skills in journalism, leadership, and creativity. The candidate will assist the day-to-day production of morning newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, producers, digital team, reporters, and anchors on the newscast and its content. In this position, you will contribute content to newscasts and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have good news judgment. You must be able to multitask and manage time in order to help put together an exciting and informative newscast. In addition, you must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently during breaking news events
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
- Responsible for conceptualizing and assembling production elements (video, sound, graphics, content, etc.) for existing and future show segments
- Responsible for booking of guests, including car and studio bookings and all matters related to the scheduling
- Ability to write and post stories on digital platforms
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Help build and maintain database of news sources and contacts
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working in a commercial news operation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Journalism degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Complex Problem Solving