To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
18 Purchasing Manager
Adams and Associates, Inc. • St. Louis, MO
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for management and oversight of the purchasing function for all Center needs.
Associates of Arts Degree from an accredited school required. Three to five years of experience including oversight of contracts, sub contracts and experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation preferred. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft suites application required.
Physical requirement include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and couching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
Management & Supervision
Supervises purchasing staff and all procurement activities for the Center to ensure that Center staff requests for goods and services are promptly and satisfactory fulfilled and procurement's are conducted in compliance with Company and Government policies and procedures.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Manages the Center purchasing/procurement function through planning, budget control and appropriate staff training.
- Procures goods and services for the Center in accordance with Company purchasing policies and procedures.
- Selects services and vendors through competitive pricing service and quality guidelines in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation and Company policies and SOPs.
- Provide direct supervision to purchasing staff.
- Assists the F&A Director in budget preparation and control.
- Prepares purchase order contracts, subcontracts, lease/rental agreements and consultant contracts for services, equipment, repairs and rehab projects, preparation, distribution and maintenance of all PRL.
- Develops and maintains a qualified vendor list with appropriate identification of small, large, hub-zone, Veteran, Minority and/or Female suppliers.
- Utilizes federal supply schedules as needed.
- Monitors vendor adherence to quality standards, prescribed delivery schedules and contract terms. Assures required vendor performance evaluation for determination of continued goods and/or services.
- Coordinates with the Center Finance function to confirm pricing information.
- Administers the Center subcontract program to assure meeting of Subcontract Plan goals.
- Administers the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance subcontracting per Federal and Company guidelines.
- Complies with all provisions of the Center contract and Company SOPs as related to the Purchasing/Procurement function.
- Participates in weekly Triangle Meeting which involves Finance, Property and Purchasing, to ensure prompt correction of vendor issues.
- Maintains required logs, computer database and prepares and submits required Company and Government reports.
- Leads bidding process (RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s, Sole Source, Sealed Bid, etc.) from cradle to grave.
- Practices superior customer service and communication, including timely feedback on purchase requests.
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities. Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Holds staff accountable for producing quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals.
- Provides required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community to enhance and promote local procurement activity. Promotes a positive image of the Center and Job Corps and establishes meaningful relationships with the local business community.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of requisite services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.