Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Personnel Security Specialist/ Adjudicator
Job Description –
To provide personnel and administrative support services for a federal client.
Position hours are between 6:30am and 6:00pm Monday - Friday Eastern Standard Time (EST) (except for Federal Holidays). NOTE: The stated position hours apply to the general hours of operation. However, exceptions to these guidelines may be required based on customer demand loads. This includes “on-call” support during critical production periods and occasional support during evenings and weekends. This support may also include supporting other time zones which would require working hours to be extended as late as 9:00 PM EST.
The position will require the candidate to have or undergo a background investigation that will be adjudicated by the agency. A security clearance is not required.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating temporary security files;
- Request and review security documents;
- Performing fingerprinting of prospective hires;
- Scanning documents into CHECPROD;
- Reviewing credit reports;
- Verifying selective service requirements;
- Reviewing files for derogatory information;
- Conducting subject interviews;
- Checking the Central Verification System (CVS) and Personnel Investigations Processing Systems (PIPS), where appropriate, applying reciprocity prior to initiating a case in e-QIP;
- Ensuring e-QIP documents are completed properly with no gaps in employment, etc prior to submission to OPM;
- Reviewing all cases for final pre-employment processing;
- Making recommendations for suitability determinations;
- Scan fingerprint cards and review results along with court dispositions.
- Request and review Fair Credit Report, Fingerprint Results, OF-306, and Resume/Vitae and initiate e-QIP.
- Enter I-9 information into E-Verify and check results.
- Take timely and appropriate action on reporting adjudicative determinations to OPM.
- Send Background Investigations required documentation (e.g., OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment, Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing [e-QIP]) to employees for completion after tentative job offer acceptance.
- Identify tentative selectees covered under suitability reciprocity by applying DOC’s suitability reciprocity agreements for previous, favorably adjudicated investigation at the required security level or higher.
- Contact employees for omissions and verification of information provided on background investigation required documentation.
- Build employee profiles in e-QIP.
- Receive and scan hardcopy submitted background investigation documentation into appropriate systems for record maintenance and review.
- Pre-screen selected candidates through completed background investigations documentation according to 5 CFR 731 and OPM guidance in Essentials of Suitability and Adjudication.
- Coordinate with Bureau POC when pre-screen results require suitability decisions.
- Send additional candidate information, as appropriate, to the Office of Security (OSY) to enable performance of a pre-hire background investigation.
- Receive results of pre-hire background investigation from OSY in an automated dashboard tracking system.
- Document and store explanations when a candidate fails to complete required background investigation documentation during the given timeframe.
- Provide forms completion assistance to candidates via the telephonic SSC Contact Center and e-mail.
- Escalate OPM investigative file results as appropriate to Bureau POC for additional research and adjudication.
- Reviewing all recommendations made by contract staff on closed cases for adjudication (post-employment) and reporting determinations to OPM;
- Receive OPM’s investigative file and provide final adjudication of cases with no investigative issues as identified by OPM through completion of appropriate documentation (e.g., SF-79a, Certificate of Investigation [COI]).
- Record final adjudication and documentation in appropriate systems (e.g., OPM’s Personnel Investigations Processing System [PIPS], employee’s Electronic Official Personnel Folder [eOPF].
- Review and advise on suitability issues and refer recommendations to DOC and Bureau Employee Relations/Labor Relations (ER/LR) staff where non-routine issues or questions are presented.
- Develop and forward suitability recommendations to Bureau POC for final adjudication. Suitability determinations are an inherently governmental function.
- Subject Matter Expert, providing mentoring to Specialists and Assistants on site.
- Five years’ experience in providing background investigations and suitability determinations
- Experience in supervisory reviews of completions and correspondence activities
- Experience in reviewing applicant correspondence including court documents, references, and fingerprints and rap sheets
- Experience in NACI Reviews including reviews of SF85, OF 306 and FBI and state law enforcement vouchers and reports
- Familiarity with e-QIP, CVS, PIPS/JPAS and other security products.
- Ability to apply highly technical knowledge in solving complex problems and apply law, regulation, policy and procedures to the personnel security program.
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply