Do you want to grow with us?
At DXP we are passionate
about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality
of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage
you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution
for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.Pumping Solutions, a DXP company is seeking a Shop/Production Supervisor in Garden Grove, CA!
Responsibilities of the Shop Supervisor
include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and supervisor the Shop employees
- Works with the Production Foreman to plan and direct the work for the shop team, placing particular emphasis on the successful on-time completion of fabrication orders and special projects and repairs.
- Organizes shop to accomplish operational goals and advises Production Manager on staff requirements.
- Monitors progress of orders and special projects, and confers with the Service Manager to insure that all orders are progressing according to schedule and within budget, placing particular emphasis on the efficient use of man-hours and resources.
- Works with the Safety Coordinator to ensure that the shop operates according to Company Safety policies.
- Works closely with the Production Manager, General Manager and Operations Manager to develop and accomplish long-range operating and service sales growth goals.
- Be On-time, Safe, and Courteous to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems preferred but not required.
- Perform functional testing on completed repairs.
- Prior experience or ability to work in multiple shop processes including welding, painting, and systems assembly preferred but not required.
Qualifications of the Shop Supervisor
include, but are not limited to:
- 2+ Years experience in a manufacturing supervisory role with emphasis on pump services, mechanical and electrical equipment assembly and repair
- Employee management experience.
- Ability to motivate team and accomplish goals.
- Prefer some fabrication, pipe fitting, and/or welding experience.
- Safety Awareness is a MUST! Ability to safely evaluate a job and then execute a well thought out plan is required!
- Ability to read and understand O&M and Service Manuals.
- Organized and able to keep a clean work environment.
- Able to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs. and to safely use lifting equipment for heavier components.
- Team player who works well with others and can follow instructions without close supervision.
- Acceptable driving record according to company guidelines
Physical Demand: Ability to lift and safely maneuver up to 50lbs.
Working Conditions: Shop and warehouse environment including high noise level and changes in temperature. Safety PPE provided.
Training/Certifications: Experience in ERP systems preferred. Experience with Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams required.
Shift Time/Overtime: Full Time 6:00AM to 2:30PM. Flexibility for later hours on an as-needed basis.
Education: High School/GED. College or certifications with an emphasis on manufacturing and distribution preferred.
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Assembly And Installation
- Electrical Installation Work
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Microsoft Excel