MV Transportation is seeking an Information Technology Director. This individual shall be a self-starter, highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment. The Information Technology Director is responsible for handling various technology issues related to a transit environment and also supporting corporate infrastructure.
- Responsible for providing Trapeze software direction, desktop, server and network support for client operations according to Service Level Agreements (SLA). This includes, but not limited to, desktop and server repair, network maintenance, helpdesk tickets, disaster recovery and other projects as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting local technologies related to transit operations, such as; Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) and Trapeze and Connector reservation software platforms.
- Manage servers at local division; domain controller, file, application and database (MS SQL SVR).
- Close interaction with the client's IT department.
- Managing complex IT projects, IT employees and outside vendors.
- Developing strategic operations and investment plans that weight costs, benefits, opportunities and risks of various IT investment approaches.
- Controlling and minimize costs.
- Ensuring suitable documentation exists and is maintained for IT operations and software development.
- Highly proficient with Trapeze transit software is a plus.
- Proficiency with Active Directory, relational databases (MS SQL Server preferable) and networking.
- Proficient with the company's major IT systems, services and technology frameworks (e.g. cloud computing, server virtualization, application delivery controller, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of computer, server, network, printer and peripheral hardware.
- Experience supporting Windows XP, 7, Server 2000, 2003, 2008 and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Experience with desktop, server and network management tools.
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers.
- Familiar with backup and disaster recovery.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: INFOR01740
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
For more than 35 years, MV Transportation, Inc. and all subsidiaries, joint ventures, partnerships and affiliates, (or “MV”) has provided safe, reliable and affordable passenger transportation services to cities, counties, municipalities, and other jurisdictional entities, as well as for private corporations, non-profit agencies, and community organizations.
View the full profile
MV was founded as a paratransit company by Alex and Feysan Lodde in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1975. The Loddes served as the company’s first vehicle operators, dispatchers and managers in their efforts to improve the lives of those most in need in their community by providing transportation services to the elderly and disabled. Nearly two decades later, the company has grown into a the largest private provider of paratransit services and the largest privately-owned passenger transportation contracting firm based in the United States. MV holds the longest tenure of consistent ownership of any of its competitors - the Lodde’s remain owners of the company and are members of the Board of Directors.
The company grew from its paratransit roots, providing multimode passenger transportation services across North America and currently expanding internationally. The company’s rapid growth is a clear indication of its commitment to its more than 16,000 employees, its commitment to quality and its progressive approach toward passenger transportation.
With our corporate headquarters based in Dallas, Texas and satellite support centers located in Fairfield, CA and Elk Horn, IA, MV operates more than 200 transportation contracts across North America. In addition to operations in 29 of the United States, MV operates service in Washington D.C., two Canadian Provinces and Saudi Arabia.