Outside Sales will develop and maintain relationships with potential and existing clients within the technical and manufacturing fields. The position will Identify growth opportunities and will develop and implement strategies to maintain and increase sales within assigned territory.
* Grow customer base/achieve and/or exceed (personal and company) sales goals on a monthly basis within assigned region.
* Cultivate and maintain customer relationships with electrical contractors, distributors, end users and utilities; Call on current, future, and past customers; Conduct regular customer visits in order to build/maintain strong customer relations.
* Create and maintain positive relations with vendors, internal business unit leaders and strategic business relationships; utilize contacts to ensure our customers are getting the best value and support.
* Apply industry knowledge to offer technical / practical options to both internal and external customers; Provide consultation to customers regarding electrical solution needs.
* Develop and win opportunities on remanufactured and reconditioned power distribution and control products. (i.e. Switchgear, HV/LV Breakers)
* Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently.
* Support coordination of services customer-RESA Power.
* Schedule services with customers and field service team; Prepare all necessary work for field service team before services are performed; communicate service expectations and job details to field services team.
* Develop and implement trade area sales strategy in conjunction with CGO of sales and business unit leaders; Attend/support applicable customer events, trade shows.
* Participation in sales and budget planning in the designated region.
* Follow up on all deliveries of materials to ensure job stays on schedule.
* Perform site visits and job walk throughs to ensure profitable quoting.
* Prioritize and formulate an appropriate schedule to execute client work: Generate work orders for technicians.
* Conduct client communication in a highly customer service-oriented manner and potentially expand the scope of project work as well as negotiate any extra charges associated with work performed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* BS in related field; Minimum 5 year experience and/or a combination of experience and education. Sales Experience Preferred.
* Strong product knowledge of multiple brand electrical switchgear and devices- control products and electrical distribution.
* Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC, OSHA and NFPA. Strong background and experience in most types of high voltage equipment through the 230 kV class.
* Ability to demonstrate focus towards business growth and opportunities.
* Proven Sales experience-creating opportunities, creating and closing sales, excellent customer relations.
* Proven Sales experience in the utility and industrial market.
* Creativity and skill in negotiations situations.
* Competent with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook,), experience with CRM is preferred.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum 5 years of experience or a mix of education and experience.
Who we are!
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance, and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry. ~ Service is our product
Core Cultural Competencies
* We do it right
* We pride ourselves on our integrity and expertise. We don't cut corners.
* You perform job responsibilities safely, efficiently, and thoroughly all day, every day.
* You conduct yourself professionally, ethically, and honestly.
* You display sound judgment and decision-making skills. You avoid choosing courses of action that assume unreasonable risk to yourself or the Company.
* You are on time and preplan time off.
* You produce a quality product.
* We are customer driven
* Our number one concern is our customer and our long-term relationships with them prove our dedication.
* You approach job responsibilities with enthusiasm, professionalism, and in a customer focused manner.
* You promote goodwill by handling all contacts (example: coworkers, management, vendors, customers, etc.) with respect, courtesy, cooperation, attentiveness and follow instructions from management.
* We focus on growth
* We are dedicated to growing the company and our employees.
* You understand and apply your knowledge of techniques, policy, procedures, equipment, and skills involved in the job.
* You seek out new assignments and assume additional duties.
* You seek to expand your abilities (certifications, continuing ed, OTJ experience, etc.).
* We solve problems
* Every day is different, so we need to be innovative, decision makers, flexible and adaptable.
* You efficiently and thoroughly complete assignments.
* You perform work assignments independently.
* You propose new ideas and find better ways of doing things.
* We get it done
* We are efficient, reliable and no nonsense. We work hard, but we also play hard.
* You follow through on commitments in a timely way.
* You produce easily understandable and accurate reports that meet customer and/or Company expectations.
* You actively listen. You seek advice and help as appropriate.
* You can effectively deliver messages to a variety of individuals (RESA employees, vendors, customers, etc.).
* We build strong relationships
* Our leaders are servant leaders. We provide you with the support of a well-run company, but the connectedness of a family. We collaborate with each other and our customers.
* You collaborate to create the best solutions for each other and our customers.
* You build strong relationships within the team, across RESA departments and locations and with customers and vendors.
Location: So Cal/Cerritos, CA
Travel: Up to 50%
Industries: Industrial / Utilities
Physical Demands: Office Duties; Lifting a minimum of 50lbs on a daily, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
- Brand Identity
- Customer Communications Management