Change Lives, Starting with Yours
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
For the second year in a row, U.S. News & World Report has rated Scripps Health as No. 1 in San Diego, No. 6 in California and among the best in the nation in multiple specialties.
As Credentialing Specialist at Scripps, you will be responsible for primary source verification of new applicants, and processing reappointment files for all practitioners and allied health providers for Scripps Health systemwide. Maintains accurate updated database and hard files. You will maintain processes, which meet The Joint Commission, Title 22, CDPH, CMS, IMQ, AAAHC and NCQA standards and time frames. In this role you will provide quality oversight and analysis of all applications processed. Insure Credentialing documents are current and accurate.
In this role you will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting and presenting of medical staff metrics to Senior Leadership. Serve as system wide super- user and technical expert for Medical Staff Administrative IS systems.
You may travel to facilities, attend Credentialing/Board meetings, and work closely with Medical Staff Coordinators and Managers. Additionally, you must maintain knowledge of facility-specific Medical Staff Bylaws for entire system, and Rules and Regulations, as they relate to the credentialing process. Create necessary forms and reports related to processing appointment and reappointment applications. This is a Full Time, 8 hour shift position located at our Corporate offices in La Jolla. Qualifications Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years medical staff administration and/or credentialing experience, preferably in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with customers effectively in a sensitive and confidential environment.
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Experienced computer user with knowledge of database systems, Access highly desirable, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to design and generate reports and compose letters.
- Highly organized has the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to promote and maintain a flexible, positive, cooperative attitude.
- Experience providing service to customers, has a positive attitude with all customers.
- High attention to detail and the ability to research and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively handle multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines while maintaining professional composure.
- Experienced team member.
- Must be eligible to sit for the Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) certification test.
- Must be certified in either CPCS or CPMSM within 3 years of employment.
- Bachelors required, but will consider extensive experience in field.
- Additional training in database management and design desirable.
Surgical ICU, Medical ICU, Clinical Nurse leader *LI-SH1
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for, only San Diego-based Company and Becker’s Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Job:
Medical Staff AdministrationPrimary Location:
Central San Diego County-SAN DIEGO-SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL SAN DIEGOWork Locations:
SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL SAN DIEGO (100_350)
4077 FIFTH AVENUE
SAN DIEGO, 92103Organization:
Scripps Health CorpJob Posting:
Sep 13, 2019, 1:14:40 PMBenefit Status:
FT - FULL-TIME WITH BENEFITS