To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Bragg, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CH2M & Jacobs • Fort Bragg, NC
Posted 25 days ago
Asset Managers require extensive experience with gathering detailed hardware and software inventory information to develop and maintain an effective asset management program. Asset Managers support activities to manage IT assets in classified and unclassified domains, navigate procedural and policy boundaries to conduct on-site inventory of assets across the enterprise, identify and remove obstacles to the completion of asset inventories, follow established procedures for the decommissioning of IT assets, and manage supplies. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, business management and customer service skills.
• Joining financial, contractual, and inventory functions in support of new material purchases and capital equipment replacement
• Working directly with the Government to maintain a seamless transition from the creation of purchase orders, to the delivery of assets, to the disposal of end of life items
• Maintaining the accuracy of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
• Developing and maintaining processes for managing and tracking the full IT asset, license, and maintenance life cycle, from procurement to retirement
• Defining, maintaining, and updating policies and procedures for effective management of the IT asset life cycle (e.g., acquisition, deployment, utilization, de-installation, reallocations, and disposal)
• Tracking and maintaining an accurate inventory of assets throughout their life cycle
• Auditing, validating, and reconciling software licenses against the installed asset base
• Providing subject matter expertise for personal computer (PC), network, and server licensing
• Planning for the population of the asset database
• Managing the asset database
• Ensuring regular housekeeping of the asset database
• Working closely with the Government to ensure policy compliance and asset maintenance
• Identifying opportunities to fully utilize unused or partially used IT hardware and software assets
• Defining metrics, collecting data, and reporting on the effectiveness of IT asset management processes
• Ensuring that the CMDB and asset database are highly accurate
• Researching licensing models, product use rights, as well as licensing metrics and entitlements for vendor-published desktop software assets
Education: Associate of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus one (1) to three (3) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
5 years of experience in an IT and asset management role
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon keeping required certifications current
• ITIL Foundations
Prior experience with Microsoft Enterprise Licensing is highly valued.
• Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work.
• Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies, computers or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines:
• General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
• Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions:
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on clients standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>