To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ruskin, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Central Garden & Pet • Ruskin, FL
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Pet Segment is seeking a Fish Care Receiver to be a part of our Aquatica Division out of Ruskin, Florida. Your primary role will be to receive live tropical fish, as well as being trained to pick freshwater fish. Positions and schedules vary depending on availability. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Dumping small glass and acrylic tans that range from 2.5 gallons to 10 gallons.
- Washing, labeling, and filling of tanks which will require lifting.
- Dipping of breeder fish and placing them in designated tanks.
- Checking of African Cichlid breeders.
- Manager fish health, including feeding of fish, syphoning vats, scoping fish for diseases or parasites, then treating the fish accordingly.
- Processing orders each morning for delivery.
- Preparing fish for future sales by separating and grading them.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to bend at the waist.
- Ability to kneel often.
- Ability to scoop fish with a small net.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to lift.
- Able to work 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
- Some weekend and evening hours may be required due to deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.