** $2,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates**
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Radiologic Technologist, Full Scope (X-ray technologist, X-ray tech) or radiologic technologist, limited scope (limited scope X-ray operator, limited medical radiologic technologist, LMRT, OR basic machine operator) is responsible for performing all Radiology services and other basic nursing duties as assigned. In addition, they ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Perform accurate X-rays as ordered by the provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA
- Prepare and transmit images to the radiologist for over-read, and report over-read results to providers
- Retrieve and archive radiographic reports
- Create/Burn CD’s in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other basic nursing duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted and state appropriate Radiologic Technologist license and/or certification
- Maintain CEU/CME’s as applicable for licensure
- Currently affiliated with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (e.g. Certified and Registered with ARRT or successfully passed the core modules of the ARRT limited scope of practice exams)
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- 2+ years of clinical experience in related field (including venipuncture and lab specimen collection, point of care testing, employer health services)
- Completed accredited radiology technology program (LMRT) and have passed the Core, Chest, Extremities, Skull/Sinuses and Spine ARRT limited scope of practice exams for radiography (CO, TX, NE).
- Current X-ray certification and must meet all other applicable requirements by law including state licensure in radiology technology or must have obtained the passing certification letter, as applicable and required by state
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
If the hired individual resides in Florida, this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
Job Keywords: Limited Scope Radiology Technologist, Radiologic Technologist, Radiology Tech, Rad Tech, RT, LMRT, Radiology, MedExpress, Naples, FL