The Production Coordinator shall drive actions that achieve results in key areas of the business including safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost savings. Within this role the Production Coordinator shall be a positive culture leader and influencer, develop employee/teams, and promote an engaged and safe workplace environment.
- Coach and develop work teams to have positive and proactive attitudes, personal accountability, and superior manufacturing quality.
- Encourage employee ownership of operations, products, and processes.
- Lead safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost saving initiatives through employee involvement ITW toolbox principles.
- Work closely with operations team to maintain and improve the manufacturing/assembly environment in order to respond to changing customer needs and demands through facilitating area layouts, executing action plans, and selecting equipment to improve manufacturing processes.
- Build employee relationships through daily, open, and direct communication while encouraging creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrate and encourage effective communication to personnel at all levels within the organization.
- Mentor team members to resolve conflict in a fair, consistent, and empowered manner within a team environment.
- Mentor, develop, and support Team Leaders.
- Create and maintain superior team safety awareness.
- Work closely with safety committee and team members to ensure hazards are corrected.
- Assess & evaluate team members’ performance and goals regularly while supporting goal achievement.
- Assist/support teams with the utilization of available resources.
- Participate and lead committees/teams as needed.
- Build key relationships with employees and leadership team.
- Build & maintain a network of inter-company peers and subject matter experts for consultation on best practices that provide superior cost, quality, and delivery of our products to our customers.
- Drive customer service within all areas of the division.
- Provide reports on critical information.
- Understand how our production system produces and fulfills products.
- Resolve problems causing production shutdown, substandard production, and or low efficiencies whenever they occur.
- Support coordination during emergency repairs and non-routine maintenance to ensure continuous production flow.
- Provide information and collaborate with team to effectively manage production scheduling and resource planning.
- Analyze problems and sources of conflict, explores and selects solutions, implements an action plan, and resolves issues.
- Work closely with support staff and Human Resources.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Technical acumen desired
- 3+ years of related production supervisory experience
- Skilled at performance management; providing formal and informal feedback to employees.
- Detailed understanding of production/assembly equipment, and its interrelationship in regard to production flow and efficiency.
- Strong initiative and follow through
- Ability to recognize and solve production problems.
- Proven experience in leading a team in a manufacturing production environment.
- Experience in lean manufacturing concepts, quality measurements and OSHA requirements.
- Experience in driving employee involvement/engagement and encouraging creativity.
- Demonstrated understanding of the manufacturing cost drivers
- Proven ability to apply ITW principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess the track record of a proven leader and team player
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, takes personal accountability, coaches, listens, and is approachable.
- Ability to resolve issues/conflicts in a timely manner.
- Exhibits encouragement of diverse ideas, with a focus on coaching/developing strengths of team members, and the ability to facilitate effective communication between shifts.
- Customer focused with management, support staff, customers and suppliers; understand how the business functions link together to support the customer (i.e. engineering, materials and sales)
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Desire for continuing education and/or self development
- Strong oral, written and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Macola, Microsoft Word and Excel).
Total Quality Management
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Job ID: 2455876
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.