Fike Corporation, a rapidly growing international manufacturer of pressure relief, explosion protection, fire suppression and detection equipment, has an opportunity for a Corporate Controller. Fike is a privately held business located in Blue Springs, MO with over 400 employees locally & over 1,200 employees worldwide.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Finance, the Corporate Controller is responsible for providing direct leadership to the Corporate Accounting and Corporate Accounts Payable teams as well as leading and coordinating the accounting, reporting and control activities at all subsidiaries. This role will be focused on timely and accurate execution of accounting activities, the integrity of key processes and reported results, the execution of the annual tax preparation cycle, the accounting and reporting for the Company’s benefit plans, and leading continuous improvement in these activities.
- Provides direct leadership to the Corporate Accounting and Accounts Payable teams including establishing appropriate goals and objectives, providing timely performance feedback, and leading continuous growth and development for the employees
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of the month-end close, consolidation, and reporting process
- Analyzes accounting and financial information and leads the development of appropriate external and management reporting
- Supports the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team in the development of annual operating plans and forecasts, and the analysis of actual results
- Ensures accounting and control objectives are met for the Company’s key transactional and reporting processes
- Ensures adequate internal controls exist in global financial processes and leads initiatives to document and improve internal controls Leads the timing and execution of the annual external audit and ensures timely completion of the audit and issuance of the consolidated financial statements
- Collaborates with global subsidiaries on statutory reporting including trial balance reconciliation, disclosures and preparation of supporting documentation
- Ensures appropriate accounting and reporting for the Company’s benefit plans including external audits and regulatory filings
- Establishes and administers processes for the appropriate documentation and review of month-end journal entries, consolidation entries and account reconciliations
- Leads initiatives to establish appropriate monthly reviews of subsidiary financial results and key balance sheet accounts including leading reconciliation and settlement of intercompany balances
- Leads the implementation of new accounting standards
- Leads the execution of the Company’s transfer pricing strategy including analysis of pricing levels and maintenance of contemporaneous documentation
- Leads a culture of continuous improvement in the Corporate Accounting functions including assessments of processes and technology
- Leads the compilation and preparation of accounting information provided to the Company’s external tax return preparers. Develops appropriate documentation and support for critical tax treatments and advises management on opportunities for tax savings
- Collaborates with other Fike functions to ensure the integrity of Fike’s accounting records and processes
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of all information processed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
Subject Matter Expertise. Analytical. Computer Applications. Research. Presentation. Delegation. Critical Thinking. Problem Solving. Decision Making. Relationship Building. Change Management.
While performing the duties of this job, the environment is general office work and the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, hear, see, sit and use hands. Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Licensed CPA.
- Seven plus years of progressive experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, or internal audit, along with three - five plus years effectively managing and leading a team of accounting professionals.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local tax regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, management, communication, and leadership skills.
- Sound judgment, creativity, and strong powers of persuasion.
- Master’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field.
- Experience in a manufacturing company.
- Experience working in a multi-national organization including foreign currency translation.
- Experience working in a public accounting firm.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Education Assistance
Refer to Job #2019.02. To be considered for this position, an application must be completed by 07/31/2019. Please visit our web site @ www.fike.com to fill out an on-line application.
Fike Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.