Since 1946, Kelly ServicesÂ® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. Today, we are proud to offer a temporary opportunity to work as a Staff Accountant .
This is a long term opportunity, pay range based on experience. Please reply with a current copy of your resume for consideration!
Job Summary: The Staff Accountant contributes to the department and organization by ensuring that financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported to internal and external users. This is achieved by completing assigned journal entries, maintaining account analysis on a timely basis, completion of assigned sales and property tax returns and working in the AP, AR and Cash Management functions. The Staff Accountant will cross train in multiple areas to be able support Accounting team members as needed. This position requires a strong general accounting knowledge and will be provided opportunities to learn and be responsible for a variety of accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Effective communication with Accounting team members, external sources and with all levels of organizational management including executive level and ownership
- Problem solving- find, champion and implement process improvements
- Assume responsibility for assigned state sales and property tax filings
- Support inventory accounting through performance of monthly analysis of cost changes and other factors that contribute to unexplained variances.
- Complete account analysis, ability to find the issue in the data- specific accounts to be assigned
- Cross train in multiple roles, AP, Cash, AR, Fixed Assets, and Tax in order to support those areas
- Work with external auditors and assist with preparation of work papers
- Serve as an ambassador for C.LE.A.R values
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, to perform job function:
- Education/Experience-Bachelor-s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance, including completion of principles of Accounting. 2 or more years of accounting work experience is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of balance sheet, income statement and statements of cash flow and effect of journal entries on these statements.
- Must be able to work well with others' building and maintaining good relationships , both internal and external and at various levels in organization
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills.
- Must possess excellent computer skills (Windows environment, MS Excel, Word and Access) required.
Previous experience with Accounting software such as Sage.
- Problem Solver- The ability to identify issue and take action as needed to improve is required.
- The ability to work independently.
- Excellent organization skills are required
- Adept at managing multiple and shifting priorities; must be flexible and easily adaptable to change.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Standard Accounting Practices