S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Delivery Driver
Drives truck transporting materials and equipment to specific construction job sites performing the following duties.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Drives truck to assigned destination(s).
- Verifies and secures loads.
- Assists workers in unloading and loading truck when required.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Fills work orders, or requests for materials, tools or other stock items.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Maintains cleanliness for shop/warehouse/storage yard/parking lot/offices as needed.
- Utilizes tow behind trailer to make deliveries and pick ups.
- Delivers and picks up permit applications, permits, and approved drawings.
- Must be able to work OT and off hour shifts as required.
- Other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required, vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience driving a stake body truck and trailer required.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a current DOT Medical Card required.
- Valid driver’s license with driving record that meets or exceeds Company standards found in the Fleet Policy required.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drive Commercial Vehicle