Summary of Responsibilities:
Bring your technical expertise to a Great Place to Work! We're looking for a Ratings Engineer to provide specialized transmission equipment and facility ratings guidance and support in achieving ATC's planning, operations, maintenance, and compliance objectives.
ATC embraces flexibility in our work and our workplace. You are able to choose to work at home, or our offices in Cottage Grove, De Pere or Pewaukee, Wis., depending on your schedule for the day and the needs of the business.
You'll use your degree in civil or electrical engineering or equivalent experience to support our Asset Planning & Engineering team in three key areas:
Ratings-Focused Technical Support
* Serves as a technical expert on transmission equipment and facility ratings, standards, and requirements in support of internal and external ratings-related projects, including substation and transmission line equipment and facility rating methodology, process and controls, and compliance and industry activities
* Serves as a lead and/or supporting role in ATC's facility ratings program
* Leads and/or supports ATC's transmission line LiDAR/Re-rate program, including PLSCADD model assessment, LiDAR survey and PLSCADD model procurement, standard document development and maintenance, and related data tracking
* Supports those who establish and maintain ATC's facility ratings for construction and maintenance projects, acquisitions, and rating studies
* Supports internal users of ATC's facility ratings (System Planning and System Operations)
Compliance and Industry
* Creates and maintains ATC's Facility Ratings Methodology documents with support from internal equipment SMEs; topics include thermal and other rating types, normal and emergency ratings, seasonal ratings, legacy ratings, temporary ratings, ambient-adjusted ratings, and dynamic ratings.
* Develops, implements, and maintains standard process documents and work instructions
* Leads and/or supports evaluation of facility rating accuracy issues and compliance reporting
* Stays current with applicable industry standards, best practices, and emerging trends related to equipment and facility ratings
* Participates in NATF, MISO, and other ratings-related industry efforts (work groups, task forces, surveys, etc.)
* Assists in implementing and expanding the use of emerging technologies to support industry advances
* Develops, implements, and maintains facility ratings process controls and other program improvements
* Develops and provides training for internal and external stakeholders
* Develops and maintains data visualization dashboards in tools like PowerBI
* Supports data integration between ATC's facility ratings database and other applications
* Performs data quality reviews
This is an opportunity to shape ATC's facility ratings program and influence the evolution of facility ratings in the electric power transmission industry. Leverage and expand your knowledge of both substation and transmission line facilities by bringing your positive energy to ATC!
Number of Openings Available:
Equal Opportunity Employer:
ATC is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to foster diverse teams of talented people working safely together. We respect and embrace diversity of all aspects and hire, train and promote employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage women, minorities, veterans and individuals with a disability to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
- Data Integration
- Data Quality
- Data Visualization