To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2500 Sisson Street
Baltimore, MD 21211
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Automotive Fleet Technician
First Transit • Baltimore, MD
Posted 6 days ago
Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic. Work on Ford E-Series Light Duty Cutaway Buses and help us maintain our fleet of 160 vehicles! We run an ASE Blue Seal Shop!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience + ASE bonus money!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Second shift schedule 3pm-11:30pm Sunday-Thursday
- Room for growth
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
Automotive Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Automotive Mechanic requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Previous direct automotive repair experience required
- Valid Driver's License
- ASE Certifications preferred
- Subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.