Interim HealthCare of Lexington MA is looking for per diem, Part time to Full time Occupational Therapy Assistant/ COTA to provide Occupational therapy services for treating physical impairments, functional limitations, disabilities and/or changes in physical function associated with a patient’s health status under supervision of an Occupational Therapist. The treatment and intervention provided is in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted professional standards of occupational therapy practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as Interim HealthCare policies, procedures and clinical pathways. Essential Functions:
- Assists the physician or other licensed practitioner in evaluating the level of patient function and performance and equipment needs, as well as in developing the resulting plan of care/treatment including appropriate long-term treatment goals, selection of interventions, and the intensity, frequency and duration of services to meet the needs of an individual patient.
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Provides interventions and therapeutic treatment in accordance with the physician certified plan of care and occupational therapy professional standards of practice.
- Selects and teaches task-oriented therapeutic activities designed to restore physical function, and sensory-integrative function.
- Teaches compensatory techniques to improve the level of independence in the activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Designs, fabricates and fits self-help devices.
- Regularly assess changes in the patient’s status since the last visit/treatment day, and determines whether the planned services should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining revision orders from the physician as indicated.
- Advises and consults with the family and/or other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually agreed upon goals and planning for discharge.
- Counsels and educates the patient and the family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals and in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Completes and submits timely, legible, accurate, relevant and sufficient clinical documentation (written or electronic) addressing the treatment and interventions provided, the patient’s response to the treatment and interventions, and the patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Current licensure or certification, if applicable, as an occupational therapist in the state of Massachusetts.
- A graduate of an occupational therapy education program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), or its successor organizations of ACOTE and is eligible to take, or has successfully completed the entry-level certification examination for occupational therapists developed and administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT).
- In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as an occupational therapist that is relevant to the patient population assigned preferred.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Sign-on Bonus
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 45 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2019 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: Lexington
- Job State: MA
- Employee Type: Part Time
- Compensation Type: Hourly