To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Orleans, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Care Coordinator - Social Worker - New Orleans, LA
UnitedHealth Group • New Orleans, LA
Posted 5 days ago
What you do matters. And who you do it for matters even more. If you're looking for more meaningful impact, you should take a serious look at our growing organization. Since our founding in the mid-90's, Peoples Health has brought innovation and compassion to Medicare patients throughout Louisiana. Now, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our team consists of over 900 people who are experienced in all aspects of care delivery, health maintenance and administrative support. It's our goal to help guide over 60,000 Medicare recipients across the broad spectrum of health and dental services. We're committed to the highest purpose; improving lives. And that makes us the singular place to do your life's best work.SM
The Care Coordinator-SW (CCSW), as a part of the primary care patient centered medical home team, engages in a collaborative process, which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates options and services to meet a member’s health needs through communication and available resources to promote quality and cost effective outcomes. This process will be applied in various settings to include acute care setting, physician’s office, in the member’s home, and any other settings that allows access to the member. The CCSW functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team, which includes Office Navigators, Care Coordinator-Registered Nurse (CCRN), Pharmacists and Nurse Practitioners.
- Conducts a comprehensive assessment of the member’s health, inclusive of medical, psychosocial, behavioral, cultural and/or spiritual needs to develop a plan of care that promotes quality outcomes
- Interacts with the member and the multidisciplinary team to establish measurable health care goals and prioritization of the member’s needs. Monitors the member’s adherence to the plan of care
- Determines if the member is appropriate for case management/complex case management. Documents the assessment and makes appropriate referrals to RN case management, care coordination and chronic disease management programs as a part of the medical home model
- Identifies opportunities for interventions that include referrals to community resources
- Assists, educates, and encourages the member and/or care givers, regarding plan benefits; as well as, assists with coordination of benefit options for the member to overcome potential barriers
- Masters of Social Work from an accredited graduate program
- Certified (CSW) with graduate work experience in health care setting or Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW)
- 3+ years experience in clinical or similar setting
- Experience with clinical documentation systems
- Experience in assessing members and developing care plans
- Ability to travel daily between various locations: for example: hospitals, member’s residence, and/or office
- Computer/typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records and documentation systems; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Experienced in managed care industry setting
- Understanding of HMO and third-party administration
- Understanding of nursing home and long term acute care regulations preferred.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Worker, Licensed, LMSW, LCSW, Care Coordinator, Case Manager, Case Management, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver, Managed Care, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, LTC, Hospice, Public Health, Assisted Living, Field Based, New Orleans, Louisiana, LA