Keep us running smoothly! There is a lot of moving parts in our business, and as a mechanic, you help run and maintain the latest production technology, equipment, and fleet for the world’s biggest brands. You’ll part of the behind-the-scenes team that keeps the production of superior beverages flowing to consumers. Maintenance Mechanics
serve our internal customers by maintaining and repairing the company’s facility and production equipment according to established company standards to ensure the safety, reliability and functionality of the facility and equipment.Hours:
Monday-Friday, 11pm-7:30am. However, candidates must be able to work overtime due to business needs. Job Duties:
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with company equipment (e.g. production equipment, warehouse bay doors, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems); repairs equipment according to established company standards.
- Performs preventative maintenance (e.g. lubrication of machines, conveyor belt replacement) on company equipment according to established guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, AIB and Pepsi standards, Federal/State/Local laws); wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Performs changeovers on production line equipment to ensure that equipment is set up correctly according to established standards to minimize downtime during production runs.
- Communicates with: co-workers regarding repair status on equipment; internal customers regarding equipment repair needs; supervisor regarding equipment repair issues.
- Completes preventative maintenance records, work order forms, time-off requests and other required paperwork according to established standards.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
- Orders parts and maintains parts inventory.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and assists in the organization of the maintenance shop (e.g. cleans up spills, properly disposes of used parts, disposes of trash and recycling in appropriate containers).
G&J Pepsi provides benefits-eligible employees with a comprehensive benefits and perks package that goes well beyond the number you see in your paycheck. From sponsored medical and income protection coverage to a generous retirement plan and great entertainment and retail discounts, G&J believes in rewarding its hard-working employees for their contributions toward the company’s success. Diversity has power. It’s an investment in our present and our future. That’s why we celebrate and respect the rich culture and differences of our employees, customers, business partners, and communities we serve. At G&J Pepsi, employment decisions are made without regard to: race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Education: High School degree, GED or equivalent degree; trade school diploma or vocational training required; associate’s degree in industrial maintenance repair, electronics, or related field strongly preferred.: Required
- Experience: 5-7 years of previous production maintenance mechanic experience required.
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate a computer
- Other Requirements: Knowledge of: beverage industry; basic mechanical principles including basic knowledge electrical, mechanical, programmable logic control (PLC) and hydraulics systems; lock out, tag out procedures; diagnostics and repair of production equipment, industrial refrigeration systems, electrical systems, compressed air systems, and HVAC systems. Skill in: internal customer service; welding. Ability to: work quickly, efficiently and independently: multi-task; communicate effectively with other employees and develop good working relationships; adapt to change; operate a boom lift, man lift, hand tools, lathes, grinders, saws, heavy duty specialty tools and other mechanical equipment, read and interpret blueprints and electrical schematics; accurately measure and read Volt Ohm meter and calipers; write; perform basic math functions (e.g. addition, subtraction). Other functions, skills and abilities may also apply.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 - 100 pounds manually.
- Must be able to work in wet or humid conditions, around fumes, airborne particles, toxic/caustic materials and near a risk of electrical shock.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 190000BZ
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
G&J Pepsi-Cola Bottlers Inc. is the largest family-owned and operated Pepsi franchise bottler, employing more than 1,600 people at 11 locations in Ohio and Kentucky, including production facilities in Lexington and Winchester, Kentucky, and in Columbus and Portsmouth, Ohio. G&J has distribution centers in Hamilton, Ripley, Hillsboro, Athens, Chillicothe, and Zanesville, Ohio and in Harrodsburg, Kentucky. As a market leader, we offer an extensive beverage refreshment portfolio including Pepsi-Cola, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Pepsi Next, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, Mug Root Beer, Dr Pepper, Crush, Tropicana Fruit Beverages, Amp and Rock Star energy products, Starbucks Frappuccino and iced beverages, Lipton Teas, Ocean Spray, Aquafina Water products, SoBe energy beverages, Gatorade and Muscle Milk products. We strive to maintain the highest quality products and services to our customers.
View the full profile