The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County is currently accepting applications for UB Director. The UB Director is, under direct supervision of the Senior Vice President of Programs responsible for leadership, participation, academic success, school and ISD partnerships, administrative compliance, facility and child safety.
Duties include but not limited to: competent and credible leader others choose to follow; define vision clearly; coach team to improve performance; implement recruitment plan and meet participation goal; accountable for successful implementation and completion of grant and contract requirements; create and maintain positive relationships with school personnel; complete all required reports; safety at work site; and be a positive role model.
Work sites are located in low income areas, challenging neighborhoods, and growth neighborhoods. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and at times moderate or very loud. Position requires working with large groups of youth. There is potential for exposure to germs and illnesses. Employees are to follow all safety procedures and protocols.
At the branches, youth receive targeted services in a safe, supportive environment from staff who believe in the organization's mission. The Club experience focuses on three priority outcomes: Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Positive Citizenship.
Education and work experience requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required; (Master's degree preferred) in Social Work, Education, Psychology, sociology, or related
- Management, fiscal responsibility, and relevant work experience
- Ability to work regular program hours with periodic evenings, nights and weekends
- Ability to attract, train, and retain qualified personnel
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships
- Ability to plan, lead and shape change and growth at the program level
- Ability to identify, create and offer ongoing support to employees
- Effective time management, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with computer technology and software programs
- Strong working knowledge of secondary core course curriculum
- Knowledge of college preparatory activities
- Must be able to obtain CPR and First Aid certification
- Must be able to pass agency background screens and drug screen at any time
- Position requires driving personal vehicle and company vehicle. Candidates must have reliable transportation, liability insurance, satisfactory driving record and a valid driver's license for operation of a motor vehicle relevant to carrying out duties and to be covered under the company insurance the requirement is for employee to be a minimum of age 21.
Salary & Benefits
Minimum Salary: $52,800 (exempt full time)
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement with 5% match, Holiday, PTO
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County is an equal opportunity employer. It maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability and medical condition to the extent protected by law. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, and termination.
Keywords: leadership, programming, at risk, youth, teens, children, design, evaluation, academic, school, BGC, boys and girls club
- Attention To Detail
- Balanced Budgeting
- Coaching And Mentoring
- First Aid And Preparedness