To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Summit, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Summit Warehouse Spotter/Warehouse Specialist - 2nd Shift Tues-Sat Noon-8:30pm
Ace Hardware Corporation • Summit, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Working in fast-paced Crossdock facility, responsible for the timely movement and spotting of trailers to facilitate the needs of the facility in sorting and processing material for unloading, shipment or storage while meeting Ace safety and performance standards.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
Drive the Yard-Man truck to move trailers around property from dock doors to yard, and yard to dock doors. Apply and remove appropriate placards to trialers and containers. Verify and remove seals on inbound loads. Verify and add seals confirm paperwork for outbound loads.
Spotting 75% of time, 25% of time working freight on the dock, and housekeeping.
Shift hours: Tuesday through Saturday 12:00 (Noon) to 20:30 (8:30 PM)
- Requires walking, bending or twisting, stooping, climbing, reaching, carrying, grasping.
- Requires the ability to drive, steer, and control material moving equipment.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Requires standing.
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
- Requires working outside in all weather conditions.
- Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over.
- Requires being exact or highly accurate.
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions.
- Performs a safety and mechanical check of all equipment.
- Climbs up into cab, drives to designated trailer, backs to the trailer, and raises the 5th wheel to engage the trailers.
- Walks out onto the back deck of the Yard-Man to make the hose connections to the trailer.
- Climbs down from the back deck, walks back to remove the wheel chocks.
- Climbs up into the cab and drives away with the trailer to a designated location, and backs the trailer into the spot.
- Walks out onto the back deck, disconnects the hoses, climbs down, sets wheel chocks and checks trailers for road worthiness.
- Repeats the process while moving trailers from location to location.
- Uses a forklift to make up cross dock trailer loads or backhaul loads.
- Clean rooms or work areas.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age. Hazmat Placard knowledge. Knowledge of equipment standards and inspections. CDL License preferred but not required.
Note: This written “Position Description” is not intended to nor does it cover all aspects of the position title listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular job.
Management reserve the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, as it sees fit according to business necessity.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.