To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bismarck, ND 58504
- Caitlin Tassoni
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Material Planning Manager
Kelly Engineering Resources • Bismarck, ND
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Material Planning Site Manager Position Available (Direct Hire) - Bismarck, ND
Kelly Services is currently hiring for a Material Planning Site Manager for one of their top manufacturing companies in the Bismarck, ND area.
Point person for external material requirements for assigned manufacturing site(s) including build attainment, material planning, inventory management, master scheduling, SIOP, etc., for that specific site.
Lead a material planning team based at their specific site, responsible in planning, ordering, and scheduling material integrity to enable build attainment while maintaining acceptable inventory levels at all North American inventory locations.
Pursue productivity strategies to obtain improvements with existing production parts ordering process. Lead the process for managing material/inventory and meeting operational requirements for inventory levels throughout the North America inventory locations. Support with shipping, receiving and put away of components documentation.
Role & Responsibility
• Responsible for supplier relationship to insure the best quality, cost, and delivery.
• Maintain supplier alliances, information sharing, customer support and technological advancement with suppliers.
• Support of the inventory locations management from receipt to delivery - from Supplier.
• Support and responsible for receiving metrics related to supplier delivery.
Supply Chain Team Management
• Manages and directs the activities of Planners at a specific site(s).
• This includes the relationship management & communication of the 3PL inventory control staff and temp employees.
• Lead multiple projects to improve supply chain costs, productivity, and quality of externally procured components.
Supply Chain Process and Planning Management
• Manage the daily governance of assigned site to ensure communication that enables transparency to operations.
• Manage inventory levels to achieve forecasted turn rates.
• Ensures effective ECN implementations.
• Oversee past due purchase order management.
• This individual must keep abreast of market conditions and changes within the supplier organization that may affect our relationship(s) within their team.
• Knowledgeable with regards to commodities they are responsible for and maintain a good working awareness of Company products.
• Oversee the team responsible for maintaining the inventory and planning function attributes in Oracle, such as order multiples and lead-times.
• Oversee the bring-in of purchased parts to meet build schedule requirements.
• Education Required: Bachelor's degree - Any
• Experience Required: > 5 years or > 3 years managerial experience
o At least 5 years of manufacturing experience
• Travel Required: 10%
• Master’s Degree, CPIM, and LSS belt certification preferred.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
• Able to train and mentor those that he/she supervises in the necessary skills within the supply chain process.
• Must be skilled in the use of Oracle for planning and scheduling. Primary role is to drive both build attainment thru material flow and operations excellence.
• Must be a formidable team leader and change agent.
• Must be collaborative in leadership style.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.