LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (URL blocked - click to apply) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Participates in the development of procurement strategies for the technical services categories required to support company operations. Analyzes segment data, works with vendors and supply market data to propose strategies that integrate complex, internal, technical requirements.
Supports all clients in the business and functions that responsible category areas support. An active team member with responsibility for various sourcing activities pertaining to running the business.
Negotiates and implements moderate sized agreements, on a multi-site or national level. Utilizes comprehensive and systemic market analysis for the goods/services procured to drive lowest total cost and maximum value to the company.
Manages effective internal client and supplier relationships.Roles & Responsibilities
- Works in collaboration with a category manager to executes strategic sourcing following the agreed processes and sourcing strategy methodology. Utilizes market analysis and complex contracting strategies adapted to the commodities. Assesses risks and develops models associated with supply and technical compliance.
- Ensures the deployment of strategic purchasing plans driven by customer requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution and logistics objectives and business economics.
- Maintains focus on added value, lowest total "life cycle" cost and cost savings. Implements measurement systems to measure performance level of the sourcing strategy and supplier effectiveness. Develops and composes bid specification in such a manner that internal customer needs are addressed
- Ensures high ethical and financial control compliance standards are met by the organization
- Promotes excellent working relationships with internal customers and other supporting organizations. Maintains relationships key supplier contacts and contributes to supplier continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years procurement related experience
- Master's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent). Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or Process Engineering would be a plus.
- 2+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available URL blocked - click to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Houston