The Warehouse Traveling Manager will fly to various warehouses across the country to lead the warehouse teams to achieve exceptional service to logistics Clients while meeting agreed growth and financial targets, while working along side the team. Responsible for Client service and satisfaction metrics, financial goals, administering company policies, operations plan execution, and efficiently managing the operational performance. Activities include ensuring proper staff levels to acceptably meet Client daily volumes, meeting Client service KPI’s, managing orders, meeting financial goals and completing all growth objectives established by the company. The position will ensure associates operate in a manner for both safety and welfare of associates, the career goals of the team and the goals of the organization.
GENERAL POSITION INFO:
Title: Travel Team Manager
Pay: DOE, salaried, exempt, $80,000 annually plus OT and $30 per day in nontaxable per diem, paid flights, hotel room (no roommate), and rental car transportation
Type: W2, full time, salaried, exempt
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Running site with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Complete daily closeout, including financial balancing, data upload, and payroll record administration according to policies and standard operating procedures
- Creation of daily work documents and syncing all units with corporate
- Validation audit of daily labor and billing reports
- Ensure Client service commitments are achieved daily
- Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues daily.
- Resolve any employee related issues within 48 hours and communicate back resolution.
- Ensure all associates follow policies and work rules including safety work rules.
- Hold weekly safety meetings and ensure associate participation.
- Conduct employee communication lunch meetings on a monthly schedule
- Meet financial performance targets
- Forecast staff requirements and maintain staff levels to ensure acceptable levels of service. Interview, hire and train associates to meet the Client forecasted demand
- Scheduling associate shifts based on customer requirements.
- Interview, hire, and train new associates
- Understanding associate turnover and making necessary adjustments to minimize
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry for all services performed.
- Organize and approve all time punches for assigned associates to facilitate accurate associate payroll
- Direct, coordinate and assign work activities to all associates under direct supervision in the warehouse
- Implement training plans and activities necessary for associates to ensure proper performance of all assigned responsibilities
- Ensure that all government and company regulations, requirements, policies, practices and procedures relating to safety, health and environment are consistently enforced
- Oversee and monitor all customer contact by assigned associates to ensure all are meeting the professional and quality standards established by the customer
- Develop strong working relationship with the Client management staff and associates
- Abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the customer
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Service Focus
- Builds trust & confidence with business unit
- Team Player with proven history of development of people.
- 3-5 years of management experience in Logistics Industry; preferably in a 3PL operation
- 4-year degree or equivalent
- Experience direct management of warehouse workforce
- Ability to coach, mentor and train associates
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning ability
- Knowledge of basic computer systems (Microsoft office, Outlook, etc.) preferred
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to make quick decisions based on various factors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under time pressures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Prefer bi-lingual (Spanish)
We are an EEO employer
We participate in Federal E-Verify
All employees must pass drug tests, background checks, and potentially other verifications
- Attention To Detail
- Business Performance Management
- Coaching And Mentoring