Senior Cost Accounting Manager will be involved in monthly closes for production and service-related organizations, financial reporting and analysis, among other financial responsibilities.Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing; including oversight of journal entries, consolidation, review, analysis and presentation of financial statements.
- Work directly with the senior leadership team and other members to establish a recent venture, including set-up/improvement of all accounting systems and bookkeeping for multi-state operating entity.
- Responsible for oversight of all accounting duties including management of the following departmental functions; banking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory cost accounting, financial reporting and special projects.
- Managing and building an efficient, accurate and stream-lined accounting team. Meeting deadlines on consistent basis is a must.
- Set goals, assign training initiatives to team, maintain weekly meetings with team to build skill set and improve processes.
- Perform balance sheet and income statement reviews, including trend and variance analysis.
- Conduct balance sheet account reconciliations. Ensure any reconciling issues are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Analyze inventory variances, purchase price variances, and job order variances, etc.
- Oversight of journal entry preparation, including supporting documentation.
- Partner with Operations and other functional leaders to present financial reporting, cost analysis and other special projects.
- Conduct analysis to determine accurate cost structure relating to absorption rate, bill of materials ("BOMs'), standard costs (if applicable).
- Conduct various analysis of inventory, shrinkage reserves; capitalized inventory variances, absorption and overhead analysis, etc.
- Involved with review of production/work orders to ensure material, labor and overhead transactions are processed timely and accurately. Ability to track production orders from inception to completion.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory (valuation, verification, obsolescence) and work closely with operations to better manage standard costs, product lines, margins, work in progress aged balances, reserves, cycle counts/physical inventory counts, materials in transit, warranty projects, labor/overhead rates and other adjustments.
- Prepare necessary compliance documentation and/or schedules, including Quarterly Walkthroughs for Management's review.
- Ensure compliance with other internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with development of desktop procedures and internal controls in areas of responsibilities.
- Evaluate business processes to streamline and drive improvements, with the goal of establishing best practices and standardizing policies and procedures across the business group in adherence to US GAAP.
- Develop business and cost reports, metrics, and key performance indicators to evaluate, interpret and provide critical information in support of operational decisions.
- Assist with monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Involved with working capital improvements and other initiatives.
- Support audit activities for internal and external audits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Perform Cost Estimate
Reconcile Physical Inventory