Unisys is seeking candidates to make a difference by providing meaningful solutions to help our government secure the nation and fulfill the mission of government most effectively and efficiently. We are looking for candidates for Application Services Solution Architect role for our corporate office in Reston, VA. Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for next generation cloud native applications, microservice architectures, DevOps solutions, and application modernization efforts.
As a Solution Architect, responsible for identifying and understanding IT services solution sets used by competing organizations in the Federal market. Responsible for developing strategies, technology, tools, methods, services and solutions that position Unisys as a recognized leader for our Federal Clients. Also leads development of the detailed technical design and architecture for large contract opportunities. Engages with teaming partners and vendors to integrate their products and services into proposed solutions.
Will lead the development and management of technical volume detail in response to large value government requests for proposals. Overall responsibility for creating and coordinating the technical response; written, Orals, Plans, artifacts. Works closely with the Subject Matter Experts and program/delivery personnel to ensure all inputs are highly coordinated and each section is fully compliant; incorporates win themes, quantifiable & measurable results, and relevant success stories. Must be able to translate technical solutions into compelling write ups of white papers and proposals.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Directs the technical responses for task orders and assists with the creation of enterprise-level solutions for federal proposals
• Provides leadership in offer design, solution strategy, and proposal development. Ensures that Unisys solutions are effective and efficient against competitors.
• Provides architectural guidance to support Agile/DevOps software development solutions, modern architectures, system integrations, and cloud migration projects.
• Provides leadership and effectively communicates with all levels of management in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy.
• Is a Unisys technical and management storyteller, presenting Unisys solutions and technical proposals in a compelling, artful and differentiated manner that resonates with technical evaluators resulting in blue technical scores
• Writes compelling responses for technical volumes for federal public services proposals for cloud migration, application development and data analytics proposals
• Creates engaging graphics that to effectively communicate management and technological concepts in proposal content
• Works with Proposal and Capture leadership to ensure proposals are compelling, compliant, align with all instructions and are written to score well against evaluation criteria
• Collaborates with microservices, cloud native, devsecops, and agile program management subject matter experts to effectively communicate technical and management concepts in proposals
• Master's degree and 15 years of experience or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant solution development experience
• Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, and industry best practices to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within cost and schedule constraints
• Understanding of the federal IT procurement lifecycle
• Working understanding of modern application architectures, cloud, user experience, data domains
• Ability to interface with team members at all levels, including business operations, finance, technology, and management
• Ability to support labor estimates and bills of material for complex IT projects and programs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to rapidly prioritize work stream activities in a team environment and manage to aggressive timelines
• Experience writing technical and management volumes supporting application transformation programs, cloud application migration projects, and modern adaptable software applications for the federal government
• Successful track record as a technical volume lead or as a lead solution/management writer on federal new business pursuits
• Experience moving workloads from private data centers to public cloud providers
• Experience leading, participating or supporting technical challenges
• Ability to develop and deliver technical presentations to multiple levels of internal stakeholders
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical background necessary. Experience in consulting, managing software development or system integration projects
• Understanding and significant experience of the Software Development Lifecycle and current methodologies including DevOps, Agile and Cloud Native and modern architectures including microservices and event driven architectures.
• Understanding of Platforms as a service solutions such as OpenShift or Cloud Foundry
• Experience with low code solutions such as Salesforce, Appian, or Micropact
• Certifications in Agile, Devops, AWS or other modern software development technologies/methodologies.
• Applicants selected might be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.