The Sierra Vista Hospital location, a 171-bed psychiatric care facility located in south Sacramento, is a full-service mental health facility and a center of support for patients and their families. Since 1986, we have offered our clinical expertise to those suffering from emotional, behavioral and addiction problems.
- The Lead of Assessment & Referral must be able to demonstrate knowledge of criteria for various hospital services (inpatient psychiatric, inpatient detox, partial hospitalization & intensive outpatient services); the lead is responsible for assisting with the managing of daily activities in Assessment and Referral in the “offshifts”. Responsible for assisting with the coordination of training & education of new clinicians; coordination of assessments, referrals & admissions to facility; coordination of ensuring insurance precertifications are completed in a timely manner. Assists with administrative activities at the facility in concert with administration, medical staff, and other hospital departments (nursing, outpatient services, business development).
Why is Sierra Vista Hospital a great place to work?
- Dynamic people
- Team-oriented environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great training program for new grads!
- Rewarding career opportunities
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, mental health or a related field preferred OR Bachelors degree from an accredited in nursing
Experience: LMFT preferred OR Bachelors degree from an accredited in nursing. Must have prior A&R experience: Working knowledge of Assessment & Referral processes, business office functions, communicating with external review organizations and/or comparable entities, and working effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
Additional Requirements: Complete knowledge of crisis intervention techniques and CPR certified. May be required to work overtime and flexible hours, ability to lead.
****Benefits available for FT & PT positions: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, and 401k