To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cranford, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Helpdesk Support Analyst - SS&C Technologies
SS&C Technologies Inc • Cranford, NJ
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
This position will be based at 11 Commerce Drive, Cranford, NJ 07016
Role: Helpdesk Analyst
Work with internal users within a corporate environment to provide level one and two technical assistance as needed. Provide support to global ASP clients and utilize troubleshooting skills to solve problems as needed.
- Configure, install & maintain all standard PC hardware and software.
- Regularly serve as a technical resource for others within the organization.
- Administer users in an active directory environment.
- Remotely troubleshoot technical issues over the phone or through email.
- Assist supervisor to streamline daily support procedures.
- Assist with the upgrade and maintenance of software as needed.
- Provide input on planning for future projects.
- Assume ownership, as assigned, of the whole or part of ongoing projects.
- Gain experience, understanding, and expertise necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to research and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner with minimal guidance.
- Provide regular status and progress towards milestones with one’s supervisor.
- Manage and relay summation of incidents clearly and effectively to other shifts.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with VPN (IPSec/SSL) software
- Experience with Citrix Presentation Server
- Experience with Windows workstation/server operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the relevant technologies and platforms
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment
- Basic project management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Distinguishing Characteristics of Position:
- Minimal supervision in regards to troubleshooting activities.
- Activities often involve support of specialized in-house applications.
- Position requires B.S. in Computer Science/related field or equivalent technical training and work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience. A strong knowledge of hardware, Microsoft Operating systems, Citrix Presentation Server and Windows Domains. Database experience (SQL/MSAccess) is a plus.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary