Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. We offer competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt is seeking a Package Engineer to work onsite at our client’s facility in Sanford, NC. This is a contingent position forecasted for 1 year.
Within this role, you will:
- Provide packaging support to plant logistics/manufacturing groups during line changes
- Provide packaging support for transportation or material cost savings
- Attend NPI/CPI related supply chain meetings
- Identify and focus on continuous improvement opportunities for current products through packaging designs
- Obtain critical information from engineering/supply chain/manufacturing groups and design optimal packaging, taking into account TCO (this includes Inventory, Transportation Cost, ROI for Packaging, etc.)
- Present packaging proposals to stakeholders and get buy-off as required
- Design packaging for assembled/kitted WTs to be shipped from Waco, Texas to dealers from the assembly plant
- Address continuous improvement cards requesting corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Packaging Engineering preferred)
- Knowledge of packaging concepts (expendable and returnable)
- Packaging design experience (2+ years of experience with Corrugate/Wood Packaging)
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with modeling software like ProE/SolidWorks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Good time management skills
- Team player
*** This position is located in Sanford, NC. Candidates must be able to relocate to this location at their own expense. ***
Must be available to work on W2 for Volt. No C2C or 3rd party vendors please.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
If you do not meet all the qualifications for this position, be sure to visit http://jobs.volt.com to find other available positions that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Solid Works (Cad)
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Packaging And Labeling