We are seeking a Sr. Database Developer with 7+ years of design and development experience who has successfully applied database technologies to solve business problems. You will be working with developers and other IT and business teams to build and support applications, databases and Data Marts, and Data Warehouse solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for Database architecture, design, development, performance, and support.Responsibilities:
- Designs develop, and implements solutions to further expand information technology across the organization in accordance with business objectives
- Effectively translates use cases and requirements into data models and system design
- Subject matter expert for data transformation and ETL, data warehouse, and business intelligence reporting related issues, concerns, and needs
- May lead multiple medium projects and large project(s) performing project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuring and scheduling and directing other developers in tasks.
- Develop immediate resolutions to complex problems creatively, make decisions in troubleshooting and maintenance related issues to minimize business disruption.
- Responsible for developing, testing, and integrating code for new or existing databases and providing production support and custom solutions leveraging Microsoft SQL Server technologies, based upon business requirements and use cases.
- Implementing and testing database design and functionality and tuning for performance.
- Providing support to developers and interfacing with business users to ensure the database is satisfying technical and business requirements
- Tasks include documenting systems design and key functions, participating in integrating testing and working with third-party services and integrated web services, supporting implementation from initial stages through production release.
- Migrating existing applications to the AWS cloud platform.
- Designing/Developing future applications for the AWS cloud platform.
- Design ETL solution.
- Build and refine the infrastructure, data architecture, data models, and integration architecture while also ensuring the solutions supports user-driven, self-service analytics.
- Design and develop tools to process large data sets with statistical algorithms, machine learning, data mining, and predictive simulations.
Design and optimize database schema, architecture, queries, and complex stored procedures, for OLTP, OLAP, and unstructured data services.
- Design, evaluate and optimize database structures (tables, views, and functions) while developing methods/scripts for monitoring database capacity, usage, and performance.
- Design and optimize database schema, architecture, queries, and complex stored procedures, for OLTP, OLAP, and unstructured data services.
- 7+ years of database design and development experience.
- 5+ years of working experience on Microsoft SQL database and related technologies; 3+ years working level knowledge and experience with Oracle. Knowledge of major enterprise database programs, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc. is required.
- Professional certifications such as Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDA) or Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional (ODACP) are a plus – strong preference for Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, as well as Microsoft's Business Intelligence Suite of reporting services).
- Professional skills: Problem-solving, SQL programming, Systems Analysis and Design, Program Analysis and Design.
- 5+ years of relational database design experience using Microsoft SQL. Advanced knowledge and experience in relational database concepts and basic SQL algorithms.
- 5+ years of advanced knowledge of SQL and coding techniques to code stored procedures and triggers.
- Experience in working with large/medium size applications.
- Very strong understanding of: Indexes and keys (Primary, foreign, constraints, clustered, simple, pros/cons), views, stored procedures, functions, security, transactions, normalization / de-normalization, bulk operations, SSIS, triggers, temp tables
- Strong knowledge of system development life cycle processes. Experience working in Agile Method development required.
- Experience in VLDB and in multiple environments preferred.
- Design, develop, and test T-SQL programs (queries, stored procedures, ETL packages) at an intermediate to advanced level.
- Familiarity with BI/reporting tools, SQL, Cognos, Tableau, Salesforce preferred; (SQL, Cognos, Power BI, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, VBA, PowerShell.).
- Experience developing databases interfacing with web services and Salesforce. Knowledge of NET/C# and web application development a plus.
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git and TFS in a team environment. The use of Jira preferred.
- Experience in working with financial services, loan data is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at URL blocked - click to apply
Extract Transform Load (Etl)
Sql Server Reporting Services
Online Analytical Processing