To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Solutions Development Lead, Food and Beverage
JLL • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A bit about us
At JLL, we spend every day reaching for the sky – literally and figuratively. Our portfolio includes some of the best known, most admired and simply breathtaking places in the world. We are literally changing the skylines of our communities – and creating dynamic places where people live, work and play. What we show the world publically through the spaces we design and manage, is fueled by the same integrity, respect and ‘get it done’ mindset that drive how we work with each other and with our clients. Our passion to achieve ambitions is hard-wired into our culture and nurtures our promise and commitment to inclusion and diversity across our teams.
Our core values of teamwork, excellence and ethics underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our teams touch all aspects of commercial real estate, from managing iconic projects like 1 World Trade Center in New York City and BBVA Bancomer Tower in Mexico City, to structuring and financing public private development partnerships for higher education institutions.
We’re focused on becoming the best technology company in real estate and we achieve our ambitions by doing more than delivering results for our clients. We break industry boundaries, set new standards for creativity and functionality and are leading the way to the future of work.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
- World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
- America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes magazine
- #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
- A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
- A Working Mother “Top 100” company
- A “best company to work for” in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
JLL has 5 key areas of business: Markets, Capital Markets, Corporate Solutions, LaSalle Fund Management and Spark, our prop-tech division. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop people who want to achieve ambitions. If our work excites you as much as it excites us, keep reading!
Location: Open to major markets across the US
The Corporate Solutions business provides real estate and workplace strategy, services and technology to corporations and public institutions globally. We provide a holistic approach to managing activities across the entire real estate life cycle (Portfolio, Capital and Operations). In addition, we ensure the technology, data and analytics drive business insights and decisions for our clients and the industry. Our goal is to enable our clients’ businesses and drive value for their enterprises.
We service 500+ accounts globally through a highly talented and diverse workforce of 35,000 colleagues. We annually generate $1.3B in net fee revenue, and $9.0B in GAAP revenue (2017). Our long-term goal to 2025, is to double the revenue of our business at increased margins.
Our over-arching strategic priorities for Corporate Solutions are to:
- Transform our operating model globally for improved efficiency
- Lead digital innovation in our rapidly evolving market
- Enhance our Food & Beverage platform and growth with F&B clients
- Accelerate penetration in growth industries and enter new asset classes
- Develop World-Class Product Management, Sales, and Marketing
The Solutions Development Lead will accurately diagnose and resolve the client’s pain points, and develop winning and profitable solutions. This will be done by partnering with Research, Marketing and Business Leaders to ensure depth of knowledge of each potential client’s industry, business and company. The SD Food and Beverage Lead will use business partnerships and JLL’s product platforms to create sales strategies that include a comprehensive understanding of competitive positioning, products, and solutions in order to provide differentiation from competitors and drive revenue growth.
- Exceed annual revenue quotas while meeting target margins, as well as in-year won & earned revenue targets
- Annually identify and develop a deep roster of prospects (close new business within 18-24 months) and a strong pipeline of targets (future new business to be closed beyond 2-years)
- Establish appropriate pricing strategies to ensure growth, profitability and client wins
- Develop a thorough understanding of JLL’s broad capabilities to meet client needs, recognizing opportunities to expand the client footprint by partnering with business and service line leaders
- Lead contract negotiations such that we maximize profitability and appropriate manage risk to the firm
- Maintain accurate sales reporting information in CRM while following JLL’s robust sales and solutions processes using its proprietary tools
- Build strong relationships with RFP consultants
- Serve as a credible and active member of the real estate and Food and Beverage community, participating in relevant organizations (CoreNet, ULI, etc…) serving as a subject matter expert, board member, panelist, etc.
- Identify opportunities to demonstrate expertise and leadership within industry organizations to further advance the recognition of JLL as a leader
Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in addition to a broad range of business experience acquired through previous work experience, an MBA or similar post-graduate studies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Food and Beverage industry. Preferably roles in strategic selling within highly specialized verticals like F&B as well as experience working as a part of or with Procurement, Operations, Supply Chain, or CRE.
- Proven capabilities in developing solutions for global, Fortune 500 companies
- Expert in outsourcing solutions across a wide array of clients
- Promotes ideas and proposals persuasively and in a consultative approach to shape stakeholder opinions and buy-in
- Dedicated to exceeding client’s expectations, ensuring excellence in delivery are achieved through the right solution
- Achieves immediate credibility, confidently presenting varying ideas to create value and challenge the status quo – able to think quickly, listen well to others, and understand how to react and modify approach to thrive in front of clients and other key influencers
- Discerns needs quickly and determines highest priority -- focusing on the highest impact, greatest value activities
- Demonstrates confidence in presenting to various audiences – able to think quickly, listen well to others, and understand how to react and modify approach to thrive in front of clients and other key influencers
- Demonstrated ability help guide the client’s buying process – ability to “take control”
- Willingness and ability to reframe or reshape client’s buying vision – delivers new insights to clients during the sales process and able to earn trusted advisor status
- Ability to build trust and relationships and help ascertain chemistry fit with JLL prospective team members
- Commitment to growth and development of Global and Regional Solutions support team
- Broad connection skills: ability to do business within a diverse array of client cultures
- Comfortable with technology and business analytics
- Very responsive, concise, good communicator on text and email
- Presents well from visuals versus text slides
- “Passion for the pursuit” – wakes up every day thinking about how to engage new clients and beat the competition
- Externally motivated -- known as an expert where clients may rely on knowledge and insights
- Thrives in ambiguity – can navigate through a complex, multi-faceted organization with multiple stakeholders
- Creative & flexible with an ability to think outside the box and change solutions to meet the needs of dynamic growth companies
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
JLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.