Kelly Government Solutions is seeking a sharp and motivated Technical Writer for a long-term project at the US Census Bureau Suitland, MD!
This position is for exciting projects that offer implementing newer technologies, implementing industry standard processes with the opportunity to grow. The candidate should have strong technical skills and must be a good team player.
As the Technical Writer, the candidate will be responsible for development of system documentation, documentation edit and reviews, assisting with document repositories and developing repository structures, attending weekly meetings capturing minutes and action items, working closely with client leads on any special projects as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Design, create, maintain and update many types of technical documentation, online help, user guides, white papers, design specifications, presentations, and other documents.
- Analyze the needs of the target audience when developing documentation and user materials conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts to understand the product, process, or procedure
- Edit, standardize, or revise material prepared by other writers or personnel
- Prepare rough drafts of documents (including using graphical representation where appropriate) for review with the project staff and/or customers
- Attend meetings, create and distribute meeting minutes
- Demonstrate experience with an SDLC and understand the required artifacts at the various states
- Provide technical writing services by developing in the Census Bureau’s current environment using MS Office, Visio and PowerPoint
- Overall the position requires familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. It also relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- 3 years’ experience with collecting and organizing information for the preparation of user manuals, training manuals, installation guides and proposals
- 3 years’ experience with creating reports and other systems/applications documentation
- 3 years’ experience with SDLC Documents including design and requirements documents
- Associate degree in IT, Business, English or related fields.
- The position requires at least 3 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The candidate should have good communication, be detailed oriented and quick to learn. The candidate must be able to perform a variety of tasks and have a wide degree of creativity and latitude.URL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to apply
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the apply now button below to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (URL blocked - click to apply ext 209), however your resume must be received via the “apply now” button included within.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: US1930LG_BH1567977
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Kelly Government Solutions, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government, including prime and small business contractors. Our extensive network includes relationships with top federal and Department of Defense agencies and many others.
These partnerships enable us to provide you with flexible government employment and career advancement opportunities nationwide and across a wide range of professions, including:
- Information Technology
- Healthcare / Medical Research
- Positions with high-level security clearances
Kelly Government Solutions employees work more than 10,000 hours each day, and we put a new employee to work every two hours.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to "The Emerging New Workforce," a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile