To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbiana, AL 35051
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Supervisor - Finishing
American Axle & Manufacturing • Columbiana, AL
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting TitleProduction Supervisor - Finishing
Job Description SummarySupervise cleaning room operations on first shift by setting goals, organizing and assigning work, training employees, and maintaining a productive work environment in order to meet established production schedules.
Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times. Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
- Supervise, plan, and coordinate cleaning room operations on assigned shift to maintain production schedules and quality and cost standards and to maximize efficiency.
- Ensure quality of work, efficient material and work flow, proper use and care of equipment and machines, and proper application of production methods.
- Select and train employees in cleaning room operations.
- Evaluate work performance and counsel and coach employees to maintain safe and efficient work performance.
- Organize and assign work to utilize employees' knowledge, skills, and abilities to the best advantage to expedite work schedules and obtain efficient work performance.
- Maintain close observation over operations, providing guidance to employees concerning proper cleaning and finishing methods.
- Maintain adequate supply of raw materials, production supplies, and tools to support continuous operations.
- Maintain related inventory records, as required.
Required Skills and Education
- Associates degree in related field (preferred.)
- Must have two to three years of supervisory experience.
- Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Foundry experience is a plus.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.