To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ExecuNet • San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The world runs on software. Yet delivering changes to software remains massively complicated, highly manual, and risk-prone. At Company, our mission is to simplify the entire software delivery process so that software engineering teams can move fast and ship code effortlessly without the fear of breaking things. That's why we're bringing the industry’s first Continuous Delivery-as-a-Service platform to the market.
Company uses a unique machine learning and AI-based approach to continuously verify the performance, quality and security of highly complex software systems, and automates the entire software delivery process.
Company is led by technologist and entrepreneur, Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7 Billion. We’re backed with $60M Series-B funding from top-tier VC firms Menlo Ventures, IVP, GV, and ServiceNow Ventures.
The Corporate Controller, will serve as a key leader in the finance organization, and oversee all aspects of the company's accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, taxes, and treasury functions as well as be a business partner across the company through a period of rapid growth. As part of these functional responsibilities, the Corporate Controller, will be responsible for accounting close and reporting, coordinating annual financial statement audits, ensuring timely filing of all required tax filings, developing robust internal control systems, and coordinating internal and external financial reporting packages and analysis. The role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
.Provide financial accounting leadership and daily direction in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the company
.Oversee the accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, financial reporting, and payroll (currently these functions are outsourced to a local firm and will need to be brought in-house)
.Manage monthly close process along with monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation
.Communicate operating results and accounting information effectively and strategically, delivering results-oriented messages; work with FP&A to facilitate executive management and department heads’ understanding of departmental and companywide financial performance
.Act as the company’s GAAP expert, ensuring compliance with all financial reporting regulations including ASC606
.Participate in and facilitate revenue recognition related decision-making in contract negotiations
.Oversee the Company’s annual financial audit and lead relationship with auditors and tax advisorsFoster a positive and proactive department environment, emphasizing respect for individuals, high standards of quality, customer service, innovation and team work
.Strong results orientation within department by motivating staff and holding them accountable to meeting customer needs and organizational goals
.Understand interrelationships across functional areas to redesign process, improve efficiency, and ensure optimal results as needed
.Identify, communicate, and implement opportunities for change to improve business processes and procedures to streamline operations
.“Super-user” of ERP systems; oversee current transformational projects to significantly upgrade financial processes and controls
.Work with various internal systems such as Netsuite, Microsoft Office, Adaptive Planning, and Salesforce
- 10+ years of progressive corporate finance management and public accounting experience (Big 4 experience preferred)Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Previous hands-on Controller experience. Prior work experience in high growth technology and/or SaaS organization
- Experience in software and recurring revenue models strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of GAAP; particularly around revenue recognition
- Excellent financial reporting skills, including variance discussion and analysis
- Prior experience with mergers and acquisitions preferred
- Proven ability to build out and lead teams
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, and facilitation skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and be able to establish effective relationships of all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Take ownership; ability to set a strategy and motivate others to achieve necessary deliverables
- Unquestionable integrity and personal ethics
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related major is required.
- An MBA or Master's degree is a plus