To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
875 Beach Boulevard
Biloxi, MS 39530
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Coast Food Server - On Call (Beau Rivage)
MGM Resorts International • Biloxi, MS
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provide high quality food and beverage service to guests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Provides prompt, friendly, and courteous service to our guests
- Anticipate guest needs.
- Serves alcoholic beverages to guests and verifies age of any guest who looks under the age of thirty
- Alerts Management immediately if any guest appears to be intoxicated
- Thank all guests and use guest surname, if known
- Maintain cleanliness of the entire areas including the floors, tables, ledges, counters, etc.
- Maintains complete familiarity with all menu items and specials
- Follows all uniform and appearance standards
- Ensure that tables are properly set, side stations are clean, and all side work is properly done
- Reset tables after use
- Rings all charges through the POS system
- Maintain proper sanitary and safety practices
- Offers additional service to ensure a satisfactory guest experience
- Assists with initial guest complaints and informs manager on duty immediately
- Able to perform requirements for the following jobs: Host Person and Bus Person
- Able to render outstanding guest service at all times
- Maintains the ability to service a minimum of four tables at a time
- Able to remain in control during high volume situations
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent and one year serving experience in a fast paced, high volume restaurant operation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol.
SECTION 3: COMPETENCIES & working conditions
- Previous Food and Beverage experience
- Must be knowledgeable and informative of all casino events and promotions
- Must be capable of following directions
- Must possess good recall and memory
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently standing, walking, listening, balancing, reading and speaking.
- Frequently walking distances of 10 to 30 ft., between various areas of restaurant. Frequently walking distances up to 500 ft.
- Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, and eye-hand coordination, reaching, twisting and balancing.
- Frequently carrying up to 35 lbs.
Work performed indoors and outdoors with occasional hot and cold temperature changes. Employee will be required to stand on concrete or decking floors, tiles/mats and walk on uneven or wet surfaces. Employee may be exposed to secondhand smoke and kitchen odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular scheduled hours. Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.