Requisition ID: 124521
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Testing/Commissioning Senior Engineer, you will provide top-level support to the MEC Transportation District Leadership Team and Operational Managers.
Mass. Electric Construction Co. (MEC) is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC has a 65-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation’s most high-profile transportation projects. To date we have completed over $5 billion of transportation projects throughout North America. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting edge equipment, installation methods and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Understand project systems and objectives as they relate to project deliverables
- Review test plans and test procedures
- Review and become familiar with test schedule and assist Test and Commissioning Manager with test schedule coordination
- Perform review of rail transit electrical, train control, communications, and traction power systems drawings in preparation for start-up and test activities
- Assist with coordination and support requirements for test activities
- Work on the project site and or contractor production sites as needed to carry out audit, review, assist with, or lead testing
- Review third party test reports, OEM field test reports
- Supervise/lead functional testing of integrated transit electrical, train control, communications, and traction electrification systems
- Effectively interface with Test and Commissioning Manager, System Test Leads, Engineering, Construction, Subcontractor and third-party testing personnel and the client to accomplish test objectives in accordance with schedule.
- Provide technical support and guidance to construction team.
- Review and manage interfacing with client for obtaining track access and protection for work on existing systems
- Support Test and Commissioning Manager with test issue tracking and reconciliation
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years related experience in the areas of rail electrical, train control, communications, and/or traction power systems
- Knowledge and familiarity with occupational safety and ability to complete required company and client rail transit project specific safety requirements
- Knowledge and familiarity with application, operation, calibration status, and use of basic and advanced test equipment
- Must be able to demonstrate safe electrical troubleshooting skills
- Committed to promoting a culture of safety within our organization and alongside all of our clients
- Must possess effective organizational skills
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Prepared to attend meetings with customers and owners/general contractors
- Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills
- Must be able to access all points of a construction site
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Willing to travel and relocate on an as-needed basis; nationwide
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Functional Testing
- System Testing