The Para Educator is an individual who works withstudents requiring alternative classroom placement to meet behavioral andinstructional needs under the direct supervision of special educationteachers.
- Follow through with IEP objectives including math, reading, speech, and developing independent skills.
- Supervise and assist students when included into general education classes.
- Communicate pertinent information to teachers.
- Collect data
- Assist in supervision of students during recess and lunch periods and accompany students on community experiences
- Strictly adhere to confidentiality requirements regarding all matters pertaining to students, parents, parent communications and/or classroom activities. (Note: Unless instructed otherwise by supervising teacher, all parent communication is the responsibility of certified personnel)
- Assist students in the development of independent skills through self-care activities such as toileting, clothing routines and personal hygiene.
- Implement behavior management techniques in accordance with the directions given by the supervising teacher including reinforcing appropriate behaviors in accordance with the teachers plan supervising timeout and other techniques as directed by the supervising teacher.
- Other duties as assigned
- Certificate and/or Associate Degree from an accredited Para Education Training Program preferred.
- Prefer one year experience as a certified nursing assistant within the last three years
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current CPR Card
- Current TB Skin Test or Chest X-Ray
- Successful completion of background screening and hiring process.
- Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer