AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for a Production Manager to oversee 3 shifts in our Vineland, NJ facility. This position will supervise, oversee and coordinate the manufacturing of all products, which includes the maintenance of all production machinery, maintaining an accurate inventory, meeting production schedules, ensuring quality specifications are met and properly documenting, recording and filing all related paperwork.
Position Requirements Include:
- Oversee and manage all elements of the production of goods. Coordinate and manage the production staff in such a manner as to ensure that all company objectives and production schedules are continually met at minimal labor cost and with minimal production interruption.
- Provide overall supervision of the entire production staff. Responsibilities may include: interviewing and selecting job candidates; providing instruction; training employees; designating work assignments; reviewing work; establishing deadlines; conducting performance appraisals; and addressing and resolving issues.
- Continually review product quality levels and ensure that all Corporate and Plant quality standards are being achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all GMP, HACCP and Corporate procedures.
- Accurately complete, process and file all daily logs, quality records and any other related production paperwork.
- Review and monitor scrap levels and assume overall accountability for scrap.
- Review production operation and processes and identify areas for improvement. Be able to offer recommendations for improvement and be able to successfully implement changes
- Monitor for the proper functioning of machinery and correct and/or provide notice of an issue.
- Participate in the tracking of inventory levels. Make procurement requests for any needed production materials, supplies or equipment.
- Supervise staff to include but not limited to: designating work assignments, providing instruction, reviewing completed work and providing input for performance appraisals.
- Provide oversight and training of production staff and coordinate transition period between the different shifts to ensure expectations and goals are understood and met. Ensure manpower requirements are adequate to meet these expectations and goals.
- Ensure that staff strictly adheres to all housekeeping and safety rules, guidelines and procedures. In particular, enforce all lock out/tag out procedures.
Experience and Education:
- Three years or more of high-volume production management experience.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, as well as a commitment to positive employee relations.
- Experience working in the paper, printing, or the consumer product industry is very beneficial.
- Associate's Degree is preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Good Manufacturing Practices