UPMC Corporate Supply Chain is now hiring and scheduling interview for the beginning of November!
We are currently seeking Medical Equipment Delivery Technicians
at the Equipment Depot, located in the South Side of Pittsburgh. This role provides the opportunity for experienced professionals, and those looking for an entry level opportunity to grow in their career and get hands on experience in the UPMC system as a whole.
In this role, you will manage all tasks associated with the movement of specialty therapy equipment throughout the UPMC Health System facilities, vendors, and other outside parties. You'll also provide verification of orders, maintain accurate inventory levels, and provide assets to specified departments. You'll also serve as a dispatcher, coordinating the activities of the Medical Equipment Delivery Technicians on duty, and data entry from DOT compliance and order entry for the department, all while ensuring an excellent customer satisfaction rating. You will be responsible for driving a 26' box truck, so a valid driver's license and DOT Medical Card are required for the role
. Previous Warehousing, Driving, and Dispatching experience is a plus.The position is a 24/7 monthly rotating schedule, which includes required holiday, overnight as well as weekend shifts.
It's a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow within Supply Chain. If this sounds like a fit for you, apply online today!Responsibilities:
- Ensures customer service levels are met by ensuring on-time deliveries at respective UPMC facilities and providing quality products clean and free of damage to the designated areas.
- Manage all medical equipment to ensure proper maintenance by performing quality control checks, preventative maintenance, cleaning/sterilization techniques, and delivery/pickup preparation when servicing facilities.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the department's inventory and receiving modules by inspecting and verifying the accuracy of all inbound/outbound equipment.
- Ensure returned products are picked up and returned daily to the designated areas in warehouse.
- Utilize system technology for up to date record keeping of all work activities into computerized maintenance management system.
- Ability to lift/push heavy objects from 75 lbs. up to 1000 lbs. of medical equipment (on wheels) up ramps, to load/unload equipment onto trucks daily, to stand/kneel/squat for extended periods of time during equipment processing along with no work limitations.
- Deliver product to hospitals operating 26' box trucks and maintaining all service records for SCM vehicles.
- Manage dispatch operations for the dispatch of medical specialty equipment, arrange transportation of specialty equipment between hospitals and track inventory closely. Dispatch of the shuttle bus system and collect required driver stats.
- Driving is required.
- Travel between all UPMC facilities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year supply warehousing experience and/or experience driving a box truck.
- OR High school diploma and two years of experience with logistics or in dispatching buses, taxis or Less-Than-Load (LTL) freight.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in a relevant/related field of study.
- OR Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Driver's License
- DOT Medical Card Clearance
- Act 33 Chld Clearnce w Renewal
- Act 34 Crim Clearnce w Renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- Valid CDL driver's license is preferred
More than just competitive pay and benefits, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Equipment Delivery Technician (Driving, Distribution, Dispatch)
package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety , Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity , Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.