To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, United States, OH 44301
- Barbara McNicholas
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company • Akron, United States, OH
Posted 2 months ago
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to http://www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Location: Akron, OH
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
The Solution Architect will join our Digital Team and apply expertise in current digital technologies to provide competitive solutions to enterprise-wide business challenges. The Solution Architect - Digital provides technical leadership for digital application development and cross platform architecture opportunities. They also serve as a steward of digital technology standards collaborating with global digital peers.
- Analyze business needs and identify effective, potential technical solutions. Project involvement is multi-disciplinary and complex in scope. A thorough awareness of Goodyear’s technical environment, coupled with cross- functional knowledge of business process, is needed to make decisions. Design and develop new processes, programs and configuration to support the business. Translate process into practice through the current Information Technology and Methodology tool sets, all the while promoting acceptance from the stakeholder community through active participation.
- Conduct full unit and integration testing scenarios. Document and write operational instructions for all work requirements. This documentation may serve as training material for the stakeholder community or operational group. Troubleshoot, investigate and persist. Develop solutions to problems with unknown causes by applying logic, inference, persistence and experience with creative initiative. Confer with stakeholder community on problem determination. Make joint analysis decisions on cause and correction methods. Provide cross-functional support and maintenance for responsible areas. Perform tasks necessary to ensure data integrity and system stability.
- Provide knowledge transfer on current technologies and application design methodologies to junior level staff and stakeholders. Provide knowledge transfer on business process practice to junior level team members. Conduct cost/benefit analysis through evaluation of alternative design approaches to determine best-balanced solution. Best-balanced solution is one that satisfies the immediate stakeholder needs, meets system requirements and facilitates subsequent change.
- Track to project plans. Monitor results and make adjustments to priorities in order to accomplish objectives on time and under budget.
- Assume basic Team Lead assignments from task planning through implementation of small systems or components of larger complex system. Supervise junior level team members when appropriate.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, MIS or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in applying current information technology to specific areas of the business. General knowledge of a broad business process.
Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Azure experience with large scale, serverless solutions
- Container technologies (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- API development and management (Azure API Mgmt.,MuleSoft)
- Microservice design concepts
- Experience with data modeling and data architecture
- Relational and NoSQL database experience
- Automation and orchestration experience (Azure Pipelines, Maven, Jenkins,etc.)
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.