To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6869 5th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35212
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) - PSYCH ~ Full Time ~ Mon-Fri 11pm - 7am
Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services • Birmingham, AL
Posted 26 days ago
::One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services is the only free-standing, full-service psychiatric hospital in the Greater Birmingham, Alabama area. Our campus-like setting provides an active, positive treatment environment for patients and their families. Drawing from a rich tradition in treating psychiatric illness for more than 80 years, Hill Crest remains on the cutting edge of new developments and offers a full continuum of care:
- Group Homes
- Sexually-reactive issues (Adolescents)
Our behavioral health hospital serves adolescents and adults suffering from mental illness, emotional problems and behavioral issues.
Hill Crest Behavioral Health is currently seeking an energetic and dynamic professional to join our team as a Registered Nurse (RN) – Full Time ~ Monday - Friday 11:00 pm - 7:00 am.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides timely, safe, and effective nursing care in the assigned area(s) in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the Hill Crest BHS and within the framework of established policies and procedures from the Department of Nursing Services.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge, effectiveness, and efficiency in providing nursing care. Provides a safe and therapeutic environment that ensures patient’s rights are respected.
- Performs daily documentation accurately reflecting the nursing process. Performs Nursing Assessments and nursing interventions that reflect the patient’s Treatment Plan.
- Safely prepares, administers, documents and monitors results of medications.
- Responds appropriately to crisis situations. Therapeutically intervenes to de-escalate and calm anxious and/or acting out patients.
- Applies and /or directs the use of physical restraints. Utilizes time-out and seclusion in an emergency situation, while following policy and procedures (P&P). Also notify physician for orders within one hour of seclusion or restraint.
- Coordinates completion of Master Treatment Plan (MTP) with team members. Assists in developing measurable goals. Modifies the nursing component of the Master Treatment Plan as required by patient needs or determined by evaluation of care.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients. Sets limits for inappropriate patient behaviors according to program guidelines. Encourages safe independent behavior in patients.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Alabama.
- Current CPR or BLS certification.
- Preferred one year of experience working in a psychiatric inpatient setting with adolescents and adults.
- Current status in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alabama.
- Demonstrates knowledge of normal growth and development of the population served.
- New hire RN/LPN’s are required to attend 2 full weeks of New Employee Orientation on day shift, normally 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.Also additional training will be provided on the unit.
- Must successfully pass background check (includes criminal history, Child Abuse and Neglect Registry, and ABI/FBI fingerprint check) and drug screen.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc. the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc. UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.