RSM’s National Healthcare Consulting practice is searching for a Healthcare Reimbursement Senior Associate who will provide healthcare regulatory and reimbursement consulting services to clients, potential clients and centers of influence. RSM’s Healthcare Regulatory recovery services are designed to identify high-impact Medicare cost report-related opportunities, including Medicare Critical Access Hospitals, PPS hospitals disproportionate share, bad debts, wage index and other related issues.
As a member of the National Healthcare Consulting practice, you will join professionals with a broad knowledge of the healthcare industry including: financial analysis and revenue performance management, regulatory reporting and compliance, and healthcare technology. You will be part of a collaborative consulting team to deliver exceptional client service to meet our client's objectives.
The Healthcare Consulting Senior Associate will also understand the consulting cycle process within the healthcare industry. As a contributor he/she will support the building of a world class healthcare practice through listening to client needs, proposal development and presentation of solutions.
- Develop ongoing relationships to build client loyalty and confidence
- Assist project manager in scoping and planning multiple projects
- Performs Medicare Cost Report compilations and other engagements of all sizes related to Regulatory Recovery services such as:
- Critical Access Hospital
- Medicare DSH, SSI
- Medicare bad debts
- IME/GME shadow billing support
- Medicaid HER incentive payment
- Wage Index
- Ability to analyze and communicate financial and operational data to management for decision-making and strategic planning
- Maintain / develop a high degree of expertise in Medicare, Medicaid and third-party reimbursement procedures and reports
- Participates in the development of new consulting products and practice aids, as appropriate
- Travels to client and firm meetings outside of immediate area
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, business or other related field
- Healthcare reimbursement work experience preferable, ideally with a consulting firm; or would consider previous audit experience
- Hands-on experience completing Medicare, Medicaid & Blue Cross reimbursement reports, and Hospital cost reports
- Financial and business acumen
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy, project management, organization, prioritization, and follow-up skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, problem identification and resolution and process improvement.
- Some travel required (approximately 30%)
- Must be a team player yet able to work independently
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Attention To Detail