Laboratory Admin- San Juan Capistrano, California - Tuesday to Saturday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you
can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Under the direction of a Scientific Director, Department Head, or Supervisor, the incumbent serves as a central coordinator in a multi-department environment. Staff members in this position ensure more timely responses to client problems/questions. Depending on the laboratory needs, staff member may perform all or some of the following tasks. Laboratory Administrator reports to a Scientific Director, Department Head, or a Supervisor and receives only general direction on a regular basis from the individual.
- Performs the function of coordinating, routing and answering incoming client requests to various individuals within assigned laboratories. Will also provide formal responses to client's requests via out-going calls. May assist with test adds.
- Utilizing the company values, vision and mission and using a helpful and mature telephone presence, the Laboratory Administrator ensures all callers receive an appropriate response from his/her assigned lab areas.
- Performs data entry as well as being responsible for reagent storage upon receipt, signing for reagents upon deliver and keeping associated paperwork in order.
- Performs problem solving related activities such as small size samples, accessioning or thawed samples. Responsible for data gathering in order to address specific problems.
- Administrator is responsible for pulling samples for studies and will also act as a problem solver for test adds from lab services.
- Performs monthly tally of laboratory assays, reviews contents with Director or Department Head and forwards report to Medical Administration.
- Responsible for routinely keeping one or more laboratory libraries up-to-date as well as preparing photo copies of pertinent date and/or articles to Unit Supervisors, laboratory staff and others.
- Performs incoming and out-going clerical type purchasing activities for assigned departments.
- Responsible for report retrieval and generation activities.
- May photocopy and bind documents to be used by members of management.
- May organize and file TRFs for assigned laboratory
- Answers phones for one or more departments depending on size of the assigned area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of office/laboratory experience.
- Background in biological sciences preferred.
- PC skills (35+ wpm typing speed) and familiarity with word processing software required.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and professional telephone skills sets are also required.
- Incumbent must undergo regular Client Services training in order to stay proficient in responding to client inquiries.
- Incumbent is expected to increase their knowledge of the laboratory environment up to and including sample processing in order to be more responsive to client needs.
Key Word Search: administrator, organizational skills, coordinator, customer service