Qualified caniddates may be eligible for up to a $5000 Sign-On Bonus- please inquire!
The Dietitian’s role is to assure quality nutritional care of patients and their families with chronic renal disease.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed treatments.
- Recommend therapeutic diets in consideration of cultural and/or personal preferences and changes in treatment based on the patient’s nutritional needs in consultation with the patient’s physician.
- Design and distribute educational materials concerning diet for the dialysis patient, conduct seminars and classes for dialysis patients concerning aspects of their diets.
- Perform regularly scheduled evaluations of standard menus for renal patients, revising and/or updating menus as necessary, and participate in monthly interdisciplinary patient care conference.
- Assist patients in obtaining dietary supplements as appropriate.
- Must perform initial assessments and reassessments in accordance with state regulations.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all required patient assessment and care planning activities.
- Help maintain a productive quality assurance program and participate in the center’s quality assurance activities.
- Be familiar with all emergency operational procedures.
- Attend and participate in the monthly Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with Medical Director and physicians, area nursing homes, hospitals, agencies, vendors and the community as applicable.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or Food.
- Minimum of one year experience in clinical nutrition as a Registered Dietitian required.
- Current Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN) certification showing proof registered with Commission of Dietetic Registration.
- Current Dietitian (LD/LDN) license in applicable state is required unless employed in the state of AZ, CA, CO, HI, IN, MI, NJ or VA. State certification (Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist) required in CT and NY. License must be maintained as current and in good standing.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); proficiency in all USRC clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.
- Care Planning
- Clinical Works
- Health Care