Colonial Terminals, Inc. (CTI) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of liquid and dry bulk products. Colonial Terminals began operations in 1934 with the construction of a 21-acre, deep-water terminal located on the Savannah River to serve the burgeoning import and export, petroleum storage market. Today, Colonial Terminals owns and operates the largest, independent, liquid and dry bulk storage facilities with breakbulk capability in the Southeastern United States.
Colonial Terminals, Inc. (CTI) is seeking a Groundsperson–Maintenance Technician. The Groundsperson is responsible to maintain terminal grounds, empty trash cans, perform inspections, preventative maintenance, and repairs to lawn equipment. The qualified candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, able to work outside in various weather conditions.
• Empty trash cans / cleanup along roadway.
• Maintain flower beds and sign shrubbery.
• Keep the parking lots clean.
• Cut grass, weed eat, and spray herbicide.
• Help perform preventive maintenance on lawn equipment:
o Lawn Mower – Change oil / Lubricate.
o Lawn Mower – Sharpen / Change blades.
o Weed eaters – Lubricate heads.
• Tractor work – Bush hog and grade roads.
• Backhoe – Compact trash in roll-offs.
• Assist maintenance mechanics as needed.
• Oversee Summer help.
• Operate a forklift.
• Move furniture.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Certification or technical school education in an industrial or mechanical field is preferred.
• 1+ year professional experience in mechanical or lawn equipment maintenance and repair.
• 1+ year professional experience operating heavy equipment such as forklift, backhoe and/or tractors.
• Experience in the proper usage and care of hand and power tools.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and will regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. Colonial Group, Inc. prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. No part of this position description shall be construed as an employment contract. Employment with Colonial Group, Inc. is at will and constrained by the laws of the state wherein the employee performs the service for the company.
Use Power Tool
Use Hand Tool
Perform Corrective Maintenance