Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Claims Analyst, your attention to the small details and strong work ethic will ensure our operations continue to run smoothly and our customers receive superior service. Every employee is part of the team and plays an important role at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Understand and qualify type of claims filed; investigate and analyze cargo claims for loss, damage, and delays to determine company liability and costs for damage or loss while protecting company and customer interests
- Understand and interpret legal limits of liability as stipulated in the contracts and applicable governing publications such as the National Motor Freight Classification; negotiate cargo liability
- Collaborate with Sales, Pricing, Operations, and customers regarding disposition of claims
- Compose professional claims correspondence
- Manage claims inventory to meet individual, team, and company goals; process claims according to company policies and procedures
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Provide claim prevention techniques and tips to the field
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of experience as a cargo claims examiner, analyst, or in a similar capacity working with liability and risk
It’d be great if you also have:
- 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Common Law Liability, Code of Federal Regulations, Rules and Tariffs, Transportation Contracts and Agreements, and the National Motor Freight Classification system
- Knowledge of risk reduction and claims process
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with executive management regarding the decision-making process of claims declined and/or paid
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict deadlines utilizing good planning and organizational skills
Be part of something big. #PIQ
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Analyst, Cargo Claims
- Claim Processing
- Code Of Federal Regulations
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Freight Forwarding