To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irving, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Service Desk Operations Manager
NEC Corporation of America • Irving, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Irving, TX
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world.
The Service Desk Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring high quality, consistent technical Customer Support ensuring that these Support Services meet (or exceed) their internally and externally expectations by providing best customer service and technical support for an assigned account. Implement and maintain Best Practice technology and processes to ensure high customer satisfaction and good technical outcomes. This position is expected to be capable of managing a 24/7/365 support environment. Supervise, Monitor and Improve the Service Desk Team that is responsible for the helpdesk and technical support functions for assigned customers.
This position has management responsibilities and accountability for up 300 employee and/or contractor resources through direct or partner contracting agreements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and continually evolve the Service Desk strategy, based on knowledge of company objectives and other factors by managing the activities of an operations department to meet or exceed our and customers’ expectations. Ensure maximum customer satisfaction for both internal and external customers
- Responsible for managing, training, coaching and mentoring the direct reports and team leaders in day to day management of their teams, and also for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews. Day to day (or week to week) guidance including technical guidance of direct reports, depending on their skills level. This includes case escalation and timely reporting to upper management and customers
- Motivating the Customer Service team to perform to their best. Designing and implanting training plans both using external training and cross-skilling initiatives
- Work with the relevant stakeholders and the team members to carefully plan, design and deploy with continual improvements to service quality, productivity, and processes
- Ensure a high level of customer focus (internally and externally) with due care and attention to customer priority issues and appropriate levels of customer communications and ensure a high level of technical knowledge within Service Desk team members as evidenced through turnaround time of issues and ability of team members independently. This includes regular audits of communications are preformed and that appropriate training is provided to team members in this area, and also includes developing and maintaining customer satisfaction measurement metrics, status reporting and other contractually defined deliverables
- Set short and long term objectives, policies and operating procedures for the Service Desk Team and communicate with team members, upper management and customers. Makes recommendations to ensure organizational objectives are being met
- Proactively recommending courses of action to maintain cost-effectiveness and competitiveness. Responsible for execution of planned budget(s) provided by supervisor to achieve assigned margin for projects assigned
- Onsite Customer interacting to develop new business opportunities and assist as assigned in new contract creation and modifications
- Ensure that the security of all services are maintained at the highest possible level by performing regular security audits. This is not only software-hardware security also data – trade secret-customer information
- Bachelor of Science or Business Administraion or equivalent experience
- 10+ years service mgmt experience with service transition or operations.
- 10+ years experience in industry with 6-10 years of progressive leadership experience with budget responsibility
- ITIL Services certification. Preferred PMP or Business Process Improvement certification (for example Six Sigma, BPM)
- Excellent service ticket handling skills, Customer Service Skills and Excellent communication skills to all levels
- Documentation and Verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Skilled Microsoft Office required. Microsoft Project, BMC Remedy experienced usage preferred
- Up to 20% travel may be required
- Self starter who is proactive
- Positive upbeat
- Excellent customer interactive skills
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities