If the below position sounds like something of interest, and you would like to learn more please contact Email blocked - click to apply
Experis leads in the creation and delivery of services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work. We are the premier vendor for some of the most prestigious companies in Oregon. We have partnered together with a great company to find an Embedded Android Developer to join their team in the Portland area.
Embedded Android Developer
** Contract to Direcy Hire Opportunity **
Seeking an enthusiastic embedded Android OS developer to join our Firmware team. We're developing a brand-new Android powered device and were looking for someone with Embedded Android OS Firmware development expertise.
This includes setting up the build environment, integrate new business ethics, applicable laws and regulations.
The candidate is expected to work together with Android application developers who ultimately will use the API. Together you will design and create solid APIs with examples and documentation.
- Experience setting up an Android build environment and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Experience with the implementation of Android (system) updates to apply security patches.
- Solid understanding of the Android API.
- Solid C programming knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of concurrent programming (multi-threading, IPC, locks)
Expertise with Embedded Android development and debugging of:
- Hardware Abstraction (HAL and HIDL)
- Hardware Drivers (Backlight drivers, Audio Driver, camera etc).
- Memory Management Programs
- Security Settings
- Power Management Software
- Support for Shared Libraries
- Network Stack
- Expertise with at least from a common SoC manufacturer (Qualcomm, NXP, Rockchip).
- Expertise in developing kernel drivers and AOSP pieces required to support new hardware features and surfacing the API so that it is accessible by Application.
- Experience in developing Android Application level code (Java, Kotlin).
- Experience using secure boot (HAB).
- Experience with cryptography and algorithms like RSA, SHA, MD5 and AES.
- Experience with common cryptographically components and mechanisms found in SoCs like Efuses and Crypto accelerators.
- Experience using trusted platform modules (TPM) within Android (HW Backed Keystore).
- Linux development experience (OE, Yocto).
- Experience with Enterprise level device management solutions.
- Experience with ARM assembly-level debugging.
- Experience working within an Agile environment
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
Ajax (Programming Language)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)