UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Excelsior Regional Sales Manager will lead our team to grow small group and specialty sales. They will be accountable for recruiting brokers, producing business, and meeting sales goals and managing office staff. Our primary Medical Carriers in the market is UnitedHealthcare. Primary Specialty Carriers include: Ameritas, Metlife, Principal, and UnitedHealthcare.
If you are located in the Minneapolis, MN area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Promote Excelsior’s product portfolio to benefits brokers and help them increase their enrollment and average case size with all product lines
- Ability to negotiate and close sales
- Conduct in - depth market presentations for brokers and employers
- Create and drive strategies for top producing agencies and Brokers
- Collaborate with Sales Management regarding pipeline, persistency, market objectives and develop competitive strategies with specific Brokers/agencies
- Educate sales support on quoting plan designs and product pre-implementation
- Expectation to be in the field 51% or more of your time
- Time management skills critical to success
- Build strong relationships with carrier partners through frequent collaboration and strong product knowledge and advice
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors' degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sales insurance license(s) must be maintained or obtained as required by state law in residential and non-residential states in your territory
- Ability to understand underwriting, financial and analytical details as necessary
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Ability to negotiate and close sales
- Ability to build and maintain strong client and producer relationships, customer focused approach
- Existing broker and / or consultant relationships in the marketplace
- Solid knowledge of all products sold in their market segment, including competitive products; applies independent judgment to recommend products for a given customer's situation
- 4+ years or more experience in sales in the insurance industry
- Relationship building and Influence
- Solid presentation skills
- Ability for some overnight travel
- Ability to drive throughout the territory and spend time in the field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous team lead, coaching or mentoring experience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work well under pressure
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Regional Sales, UHO HealthMarkets, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Minneapolis, Mn, Minnesota